Thread: Kernel Panics on Macbook Pro 2011 with Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9

Kernel Panics on Macbook Pro 2011 with Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9

I am using the Macbook Pro which I have got just a few months ago. Yesterday I have installed the Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 memory except I continue receiving Kernel Panics as well as system shutdowns. Is there whichever story on top of this combination? I researched it prior to I purchased and it looked akin to they were companionable. Perhaps I have terrible memory?

Re: Kernel Panics on Macbook Pro 2011 with Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9

From Corsair all Mac users know their specific memories for Apple computers, which already have several years roaming the shops, at least with some older models. They are memories of some success, as there are people who need to upgrade the RAM on your computer with apple as its logo. Leaving aside the fallacy, Corsair has introduced new models of RAM for Mac on the market. These DDR3 modules that come in two kits of 4 and 8 GB, the first being a single module and the second two units, ideal for completely refresh the memory of the latest equipment. It’s operating frequency of 1,066 MHz and in all cases we talk about latencies 7-7-7-20 and 1.5 volts.

If you experience difficulties on your MacBook Pro there is a way to significantly reduce. The problems appear to be caused by graphics drivers and the windows server, a process that is responsible for building the graphical OS X interface.

Corsair RAM ensures that your Mac is compatible with all devices that use market SODIMM modules, this is small: MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac Mac Pro even, but always thought that the latter only used DIMM modules, ie those who are somewhat longer and historically have been used in desktops.

I don’t think that you are having RAM related issues. A kernel panic occurs when the kernel detects an error which it cannot recover. Une panique function called by () to handle this situation (often by emptying the correct information and / or reload the system) was first presented time in a very early versions of UNIX, so that is where the name comes (and it is still called that in most operating systems such as a Unix, including Mac OS X). The famous blue screen of death (officially called a fatal system error, as in VMS / OpenVMS) to the core of Microsoft's NT is also a form of "kernel panic".

OS X provides a easy tool to check if the installed RAM is sufficient for the sort of applications you frequently utilize and works that are passed out. Just set out to the Applications folder, open the Utilities folder moreover launch Activity Monitor, afterward push the tab memory system and is mainly to control the program (pie chart) that shows the total quantity of RAM installed.

If you suspect that a problem has occurred with the MacBook hardware, you can use the program "Apple Hardware Test" may notice whether a problem with one of the components of your computer, such as with the memory or the processor is present. Follow these steps to use the program "Apple Hardware Test":
    • Disconnect the power supply to all external devices from your computer. Is a Ethernet cable connected, disconnect it.
    • Insert the one supplied with your computer Mac OS X install disc first
    • Restart the computer and hold you when you start the "D" key is pressed.
    • When the Apple Hardware Test main screen appears, follow the instructions on the screen.
    • If Apple Hardware Test detects a problem, it displays an error code.

Unfortunately, since I cannot say exactly, but the CL4 vs. CL5 discussion, I know from various hardware forums. If I remember correctly the potential memory throughput increases by a single digit percentage. 28% seems to be promised as much. Furthermore, it is IMHO more measurable than noticeable that you have a little "faster" RAM is in there. In my opinion it's not worth it. Because I would rather pick up the lowest bidder if the price for the Rams CL4 much higher.

Be careful not to confuse the Corsair with other products from Corsair. The problem is that sometimes changes Corsair provider and features may change without our knowledge. This can sometimes cause problems if you buy two bars to enable dual channel.

Corsair is just assemblers. That is to say they are content to mount a depth chips manufactured by mail on a printed circuit beast.

Under these conditions, we should be able to choose any module appropriate if we knew in advance all the characteristics of what we buy. But it is clear that the assemblers do little information that resellers, in addition, do not communicate only in part.

It generally has the clues to find the characteristics of the memories that once arrived at the store and the product in hand. And often we cannot even find these indices, so that one only has to buy and try to see if it passes, or rely on advice "enlightened" people who do not often know more than you about the specifics of what you buy.

But as sometimes happens in situations of overlapping tolerance ranges, it is not because a memory module has worked well on a computer than another strip of the same model will also work on another computer of the same configuration.