Thread: Run 16GB RAM on Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard

Run 16GB RAM on Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard

Right now I am in the procedure of building my new custom computer for home made purposes. I was planning to purchase the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro motherboard. This is a good choice for future upgrade I think. I read a number of excellent reviews regarding the "Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 8 GB (2x4GB) CL9" and the cost wasn't that terrible either. Currently I am assuming if 16GB RAM [4 x 4 GB Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL9] of these will be companionable through the ASUS motherboard. I hope that they will work?

Re: Run 16GB RAM on Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard

Through research on the net I found out that it works if I put a module in pure B1! Also has really worked! After that I first recorded the latest BIOS 606 and tested again -> No success! Another bar I could put in the bank B2 so I'm now at 8GB of RAM. But selling fast from my 16GB so I can use only half! And I'm far away from the support and the 32GB is also difficult when you can only use two benches. For as soon as I try to put a stop to one of the slots A pack is no more. So is there any dual-channel!

The P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard Z68 need to have! It combines the advantages of the P67 and those of H67. In addition to using Virtual we can benefit from the video encoding using the graphics processor. And as always with the quality bios controllable with the mouse and a real GUI. This motherboard is stable overclocking, well thought out and very little heat. The new BIOS chart is really handy. My i7-2600K is currently shooting at 4.4 GHz with a voltage of 1.21V. The 16GB of DDR3 G-SKILL them either pose no problem to 1600Mhz. I currently have 4 disks in RAID10 set and added a 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS (This time it is really bad, but nothing to do with this motherboard).

For full configuration and the ASUS boards reads it quite often, that raise the voltage of the RAM has eliminated problems.

The upgrade to 16GB is clearly in AMD's advantage. RAM controller is integrated in the CPU, you can at Intel's consumer-boards that lead to problems. AMD is the problem. And especially for such a system, I would NEVER take an asus! Different capacities and module manufacturers can usually be mixed in the system as long as they get together the strict specifications of motherboards. Our modules comply with these constantly.

It depends on what is installed on a radiator; otherwise do not fit the high RAM underneath. I would buy RAM standard value and good if you ever need that much RAM. Just so pure screw 16GB, because it is just to get cheap, so is more than silly. Try but wanted something different, I am just beginning ASUS, but now I find it good that I've taken a gigabyte instead of NEM ASUS.

If you have 4 x 4GB future in print, I really just want to go look beyond the "Rampage Formula" because as far as I it can be seen that simply do not. You can 't download it from Asus manual. In mine is at present 2 x 2 GB, so I eventually another 2 x 2GB in may button and then 'finished' it got. Moreover, I have no idea if this is a limitation of this board, or the X48 chipset. Something to maybe look at Intel itself to look through the X48 specs. You should try to see if a design might DDR3/X48 more swallows?

AS far as I know that this motherboard is only capable to run the 16Gb memory only when the BIOS will allow it. If you are running older BIOS then it is necessary for you to update to newer version in order to run the 16Gb. Sometimes the updating the BIOS may cause the motherboard to incompatible with the 16GB RAM. So before that update I urge you to check it yourself first and then go for the update.

Aren't most Asus Z68 motherboards rated to run 32GB of RAM?