Thread: Difference between AMD Triple Core processor and AMD Quad Core processor

Difference between AMD Triple Core processor and AMD Quad Core processor

I have a computer system at home. My computer is quite old and let me tell you that I have amd athlon x2 processor. I am planning to assemble a new system for myself. Actually I have been hearing a lot about x3 processor and x4 processor (amd processor). I have heard that there is substantial difference in the performance of x3 to an x4. I don’t know which cpu should I buy. I have heard that if I want to go for an extra core cpu then the difference is going to be only a 30 dollars. Is this true? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Difference between AMD Triple Core processor and AMD Quad Core processor

If you like to play games on the computer then I would say that only a few games use quad core at the moment such as GTA 4 and crysis 1. Actually quad core optimized games are becoming more common these days, so I would say that you should go for quad core cpu because it will be good for you for future. The performance actually depends upon the application. Some application which requires strong cpu’s then obviously those applications will not perform better in the triple core than they will perform in quad core. Well no doubt multitasking would be better in the quad core processor. I think even you just have to pay 30 dollars more, so go for quad core processor only because media converting and rendering is different in quad core processor.

Well I would suggest you to get the quad core processor because it helps in multitasking. This processor is faster than the triple core processor. You will notice this when the cpu is under load.

If you want to save 30 dollars and you want your system for just basic operations then I think going for triple core is good. But I personally would have chosen quad core processor. I would suggest you to browse a little on the internet to learn more about this. You can google around the internet and search. I am sure it will help you in deciding which one is better for you.

The Phenom X4 9850 is AMD's most powerful desktop processor to date. This processor has clock speed and revised silicon that eliminates the TLB errata. I would suggest you to go for Phenom X4 9850. It is the fastest quad core processor.

I have amd triple core processor at home. I play high graphic games on my cpu and it goes well. Actually more than the cpu, game requires good graphics card, psu and fan. I think even if you have quad core processor you need to have good graphics car, psu and fan.