Thread: ICH Temperature is too high in BIOS

ICH Temperature is too high in BIOS

I am getting some kind of problem with the ICH temps and it seems to me that overheating. The thing is my computer is now warmer than normal or as usual. For that reason I have looked into the BIOS and I got this. The ICH temperature is sitting at 93.21. Really I don’t know whether this is good or bad for my system.

Currently I am using this motherboard

Intel (Love Valley G) G965 Viiv Motherboard

Re: ICH Temperature is too high in BIOS

AS far as I know that ICH meant for the Southbridge chipset. The ICH (I/O Controller Hub otherwise Southbridge) runs numerous things. ICH standards define the implementation of good manufacturing practices (GMP) for pharmaceuticals. They affect all manufacturers, raw materials, research and product development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals.

Through a BIOS update changes the CPU temperature does not, however, the methods could have been changed to read the temperature. An old BIOS is not recommended if you the temperature is too high, you should think about the cooling.

As you will probably have already noticed yourself and have described here decreases the temperature of your CPU when you open the case.

At one of our systems with a P4 530 has the same problem with temperatures slightly lower than your handed a simple 80mm fan to the whole by more than 1p to lower degree. Better still would be a quiet 120mm case fan.

And like my predecessors so beautifully says, is also necessary and also Pc Spring cleaning you should be given equal time and the radiator and the cooling fins of the CPU fan blow through the surfaces be kept free. Especially the power supply by blowing well. This promotes and safeguards the cooling capacity and service life of components.

Core temperatures are the temperatures of the really always half of the processor cores. The CPU temperature is measured on top. General is the so around 10 below the hottest core temperature. Speedfan gives unfortunately all too often totally unreliable values. But another reading program, as you'll find it with CoreTemp or OCCT, does not solve your problem. You simply must improve your CPU cooling.