Thread: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 System super slow when wake from sleep mode

Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 System super slow when wake from sleep mode

Here is my issues. I have a 500GB Samsung hard drive. I installed Windows 7 on my system. Everything works well and nice but there was a bit other issues. At boot the system works fine without any much problem. The system goes in sleep mode automatically after some time. I had not done changes to the power settings. But when press keys to wake it back, it very slow. My mouse also moves extremely slow and things are restored when I reboot the system. What can be reason behind the same. I have a high end cpu and motherboard and this issue must not appear. Does anyone is facing the same thing. I checked in bios all things are fine and the cpu is also not heating up. This simply looks an major issue of the operating system, because the similar issue I faced on my laptop also. What should I do to fix this out. I had not yet checked my hard drive and before re-installing all things back again I need general solutions to fix it.
    System Specs :
    • Intel Core i3 CPU
    • Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard
    • 4GB RAM
    • AMD 6950 GPU
    • 500GB Samsung drive

Re: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 System super slow when wake from sleep mode

Change your sata cable. Check the motherboard manual and look for the most compatible cable. The hard drive is working slow which is the cause of this problem.

I found a similar solution on a forums which states that this issue is common on those system who perform overclocking. You had not mentioned about that. Change the sata cable port and check. It can also be possible that the hard disk you own is faulty.

Better disable your sleep mode settings. It is not worth to use this feature if you are facing this issue. You can disable the same from Power Management settings. here are the steps that can help you to disable sleep mode in your system. Go in control panel and look for power options. In that below you can see Change Plan Settings. From there you can stop the service to occur back again. Sleep mode causes only hard disk to work and other process are stopped. But when you wake the system back, the hard drive must respond fast to make all things back tougher. So this issue directly relates your system hard drive. Some time poor operating system installation are too the cause of this. You can disable this feature for sometime to ensure that your system is working fine. Also disable all overclocking settings from your bios so that your system resources are more relaxed.

Boot in safe mode and then check the same things. Let your system goes in sleep mode. If it does not freezes there then it means there is some application or it is the fault of operating systems. The operating system fails to load all regular services. Something in between hangs the system. Do not keep on sleep mode disable it at once. When you performance a fresh installation check back again. The issue will be resolved. There is no update for this issue from Asus side. I checked on its forums and there are some similar thread mentioned. But no exact solution for the same.

Update your system drivers. Go in Device Manager and check that there are no incompletely installed hardware which are causing this issue. If you can try use a different drive and run it back again.

Look incompatibility with the hard drive cable attached to the motherboard. Or it also be due due the sata port. Change it. Change the power connector of hard drive also. Open your system case and just check that your system is not heating up. Heat can be a major cause of the same. Do you have enough power supply to hold back the features of Windows 7. Upgrade your psu unit and then see whether the issue appears or not.