Thread: MSI MS-7144 (K8T Neo-V V2.0) not working well with SATA + PATA combination

MSI MS-7144 (K8T Neo-V V2.0) not working well with SATA + PATA combination

Well there is a small complication in my system which I would like to share it with you all. so what I want to say is that can you please tell me about it as soon as possible on the same. well I am having two system drives one is 250GB SATA while the other one is the 120GB PATA. Now the issue is that when I get started with the system it does takes lot of time to get started sometimes I do have to push the reset button twice or thrice then only it starts working. So that’s what the issue is. Now when I try to disconnect the pata drive then it starts working fine. I don’t know what’s the problem with the SATA + PATA combination, I need an answer for this as soon as possible. Guys please do reply something on this, I am waiting for the help from you all.

Re: MSI MS-7144 (K8T Neo-V V2.0) not working well with SATA + PATA combination

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    Well there is a small complication in my system which I would like to share it with you all. so what I want to say is that can you please tell me about it as soon as possible on the same. well I am having two system drives one is 250GB SATA while the other one is the 120GB PATA. Now the issue is that when I get started with the system it does takes lot of time to get started sometimes I do have to push the reset button twice or thrice then only it starts working. So that’s what the issue is. Now when I try to disconnect the pata drive then it starts working fine. I don’t know what’s the problem with the SATA + PATA combination, I need an answer for this as soon as possible. Guys please do reply something on this, I am waiting for the help from you all.
    Have you checked it out with the bios? If not then you have to check about the same and also update the bios as soon as possible. So that’s what you need to do. Also check it out with the different psu, make sure it is supplying the adequate power to both the drives. So these are the two things that you need to check first so that you can get something out of it. So that’s what I am saying here, do check it out with the same and you will get the necessary answer for the same. do let me know if this suggestion was of good use for you. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan.M View Post
    Have you checked it out with the bios? If not then you have to check about the same and also update the bios as soon as possible. So that’s what you need to do. Also check it out with the different psu, make sure it is supplying the adequate power to both the drives. So these are the two things that you need to check first so that you can get something out of it. So that’s what I am saying here, do check it out with the same and you will get the necessary answer for the same. do let me know if this suggestion was of good use for you. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you.
    Just to inform you that I have tried with both the options and let me inform you that none of them is working for me at all. so that’s what I am saying here. so can you suggest me some other good suggestions that will be useful for me. I am still waiting guys. Ok one more thing that I would like toad here which I did forget in the above post is that the problem does occur when PATA and SATA hard drives are connected to the board together, so that’s when the whole problem starts, now whats your take on this?

It is very much surprising to see that you have also tied replacing the PSU. Well dude I would ask you to first change the PSU and then replace it with the higher voltage cpu that would be a better option for sure. Otherwise what I can say is that you need to connect PATA drive to the 2nd IDE channel and then go to BIOS and disable the USB legacy support. Was that useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    Just to inform you that I have tried with both the options and let me inform you that none of them is working for me at all. so that’s what I am saying here. so can you suggest me some other good suggestions that will be useful for me. I am still waiting guys. Ok one more thing that I would like toad here which I did forget in the above post is that the problem does occur when PATA and SATA hard drives are connected to the board together, so that’s when the whole problem starts, now whats your take on this?
    Have you tried removing the Adaptec? If not then go ahead and give a try for the same. I think it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
    Have you tried removing the Adaptec? If not then go ahead and give a try for the same. I think it will work out.
    Yes guys tried them as well, no did not work for me, that’s what I want to say here. Well only left with the tryong of the higher voltage psu but don’t know if that will work for me or not. So that’s what I want to say here. I have tried with the removing of the adaptecs but that also did not work for me, that’s why I am highly disappointed as of now. So guys please do understand the situation in which I am in right now and suggest me something as soon as possible.