Thread: Which RAM is compatible with MSI 990FXA-GD80 and MSI 990FXA-GD65?

Which RAM is compatible with MSI 990FXA-GD80 and MSI 990FXA-GD65?

Well I have lots of issues with the compatibility is the RAM in the following motherboards that I have mentioned here. so that’s what I want to say here. Well I have been using GSkill PC 12800 for a long time and hence have been experiencing several issues from a very long time and hence that’s what I want to say here. well have asked a lot of friends about this and nobody had any perfect suggestions for the same and hence that’s the reason why I am asking you all about the same. so what do you all have to say about it. Well I have seen a lot of RAM who did had problems with the two chipsets that I have mentioned but still cannot find ay perfect one. as far as working on my part is concerned I have done a fair bit of work on that especially the flashing of the BIOS, but none of the method have worked for me at all. So that’s what I want to say here, suggest me some good suggestions for the RAM. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.

Re: Which RAM is compatible with MSI 990FXA-GD80 and MSI 990FXA-GD65?

Well I have checked out the GSkill PC 12800 and to my surprise it does gets featured in the list of the supporting memory for the two boards i.e. MSI 990FXA-GD80 and MSI 990FXA-GD65. So that’s what I want to say here, so do have a good look at the same. I am amazed that if the particular ram if it is given in the list of the supported ram for the motherboards then why it is giving any kind of problems of that I am totally not able to understand that still I would like to try one more time otherwise get your motherboard replaced, that would be a better option for you sure. so do let me know with what suggestion are you going ahead.

Just check if your motherboard supports the DDR3 memory. So first go ahead and check out for the same. See in case if it is not supporting then better be ready to get it changed and instead replaced with the new one.

Well it is a DDR3-1600 format type of memory. I don’t know if it will be supported in that, so I would advise you all to check if this format is supported or not. So do have a check about the same and that will be better for me. It is sad that I did not check out when I was going with the following configuration. Now it is giving me problem with the OS installation as well, so that’s the biggest issue here. Well having a chat with the manufactures did gave me 2-3 suggestions which I tried to work on it but that did not work with me at all. So I would ask you all to help me with this one. So I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on this. Do reply fast guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuler View Post
    Well it is a DDR3-1600 format type of memory. I don’t know if it will be supported in that, so I would advise you all to check if this format is supported or not. So do have a check about the same and that will be better for me. It is sad that I did not check out when I was going with the following configuration. Now it is giving me problem with the OS installation as well, so that’s the biggest issue here. Well having a chat with the manufactures did gave me 2-3 suggestions which I tried to work on it but that did not work with me at all. So I would ask you all to help me with this one. So I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on this. Do reply fast guys.
    I would say that your processor must not be supporting the DDR3-1600 format type at all. so the suggestion that I would like to give you is that try reducing the memory frequency to DDR3-1333, well I would also like to advise you is that check out the command rate is set to 2T. So that’s what you need to check for sure. I hope this advise does gets counted. Now on doing that increases the memory voltage to 1.6V. I think so these setting should definitely work out. So that’s what you need to do. I am sure that these setting will work for you. in case if it does not work out for you then the suggestion that I would like to give you is that try reducing the frequency more of your ram and make it to DDR3-1066 and then check if now everything is perfect or not. Well do try with any of the two suggestions that I have given you and let me know if that was helpful for you or not. Do reply ok.

What I would like to say is that if you are thinking of going with the RAM of higher frequency then I would like to suggest you is that go with the AM3+ CPU they do support high frequencies ram and hence has the capacity to work well with the higher frequencies ram. So that’s what I want to say here. if there is no option for you then what I would like to say is that try replacing the board with the new one that would be a better option for sure. so I don’t know what you will be trying but I would advise you to get started as soon as possible.

Well I I have checked out the official site of Gskill and it appears that there has to be some memory problem with the boards. There are only memories 1333 compatible with this system so don’t expect much from the system that’s what I want to say here. so hope you did get the necessary information on the same, so that’s what I want to say here. I was just going through this forums and I came across this similar issue and hence I thought of suggesting something over here.

Well just wanted to say that none of the solutions have worked for me. well I did check out the different frequencies but none of them have worked for me, so can you tell me any other solutions for the same, if you are aware of any then do share it with me. I will be more than happy to know it from you all.