Thread: Noise on MSI P67A-G43 board

Noise on MSI P67A-G43 board

Hello friends, I am having problem which is coming from the mother board, as I am using the MSI P67A-G43 board and I am getting some kind of the squealing noise from the computer, and I think it is coming from the coil whine of the board. I think it is time to spend some kind of the cash on the computer. I think the noise is might be due to the reason of the coil whine, but I think it is not correct the reason to point out, as I don’t which will be the correct reason. So please help me which is the correct and what should I do for the noise which is coming from the board. So please suggest some for the solution of the problem I am getting.

Re: Noise on MSI P67A-G43 board

To find the noise where it is coming from so do one simple investigation such that roll a piece of A4 paper and listen to the sound from the system and you will be able to pin-point the location of the noise is coming from.

Well I can suggest you to go to the BIOS settings, and go over there and try to disable the EuP 2013; you can find that in the green section which is there in the BIOS settings. If after that then also you are getting the noise then try one method which is risky one but try and see it. If you are having the Intel Cooler, so put one finger on the middle of the CPU fan, by putting the finger on the middle to slower the speed of the fan which is bit little then the earlier speed. And check if the noise is still coming or not. I want to make aware that not put the finger on the blade, then the blade would be break and fan will make more noise. So be safe and do it.

It would be due to the capacitors or the resistors which are creating such type of noise. It happens when the electric current passes through the capacitors or the resistors. That is known as the singing capacitors.

Well I would suggest calling the service center of the MSI and telling them you are using specific board and you are getting the noise from the board. I think the service center would be better to help you as they might get the reason of the noise coming from the board. As I also can’t tell which is the reason and also what is the reason which is creating such type of the noise. As you have the warranty period of the board then you would be replaced with the new board, until and unless it has not been damaged by any of the physical mean. So I would say that the service center will be able to give the solution and also you will be able to go to the service center to give the board to get it repair.

I think it is best to call the service center and you will be able to the problem solved as the service center might have the solution for the problem that you are facing right now with board.

If you are planning for the warranty repair or the replacement of the board then you might have to pay for the sipping charges which are giving board to the MSI and also you have to pay for the shipping when the board is coming from the MSI to you. It would take around 2 weeks which includes the 10 working days, also the holiday whichever it come. I have done it for the VGA problem on the MSI board, and it has charge me for the both shipping and also it has take this much period of time when I have done for the replacement and warranty also. So it will also take same or it will take more time also but it would around that much time. So you check with the customer care and then you send it.

Yes it will take much period time as the above users have told you. So I would suggest you also to send it to the service center and it will be fixed and you might not get the noise again.