Thread: How much RAM is needed to get rid of page file?

How much RAM is needed to get rid of page file?

Here I have some questions which I want to get answered from here. I want to turn off windows virtual memory, so, for that how much RAM I will require to buy. Also, what should I buy a non registered memory or ECC? In addition to that I want to ask that 8 gigs of dual channel memory will be enough or not? And is it necessary to have a dual channel memory, i.e. 4 nos of 2 gigs DDR3 RAMs. I know I asked too many question, but it will be nice if I get answers for them.

Re: How much RAM is needed to get rid of page file?

As far as I know, ECC ram are mostly used for servers and most of the desktop motherboards do not use them. And also, the amount of RAM purely depends on the programs that are executed on your PC. As, some of the programs necessitate a page file, and they don’t matter of how much RAM you have. And I think you must be able to turn off the page file, with 8gigs of memory. Also if you want then you can see how much RAM is consumed by you, just by running resource monitor which is built into windows. I think this much answer will help to decide what you should do and you got all of your answers.

Re: How much RAM is needed to get rid of page file?

Here I would like to add that if it is possible for you then use two 4 GB memory sticks instead of using four 2 GB memory sticks. Because, many times I have seen that, four memory sticks often cause several problems. Hence it is recommended to use two 4GB memory sticks.