Thread: Not getting Monitor Signal on MSI 990FXA-GD65

Not getting Monitor Signal on MSI 990FXA-GD65

Hello friends, I have spent a long time to resolve this but nothing worked for me. When I start the system then I am not getting the signal in my monitor as of any of my cards. I have attempted with the 6970 in both the available slots but that was not working for me. Do you have any suggestion for this that what should be done for this? Thank you.

Re: Not getting Monitor Signal on MSI 990FXA-GD65

I have the same problem but this already happened to me before on other computers, there are three causes the most common on older computers is the bios battery is charging checks if you do not have change it and go the second video board is damaged, however this should indicate an error is detected by a beep from the internal speaker or else the machine boots notaries completely but simply does not last video signal will damage the motherboard or power supply and due to an error voltage appears to turn on the machine but will not start even the bios so there is no video signal and turn on the keyboard and mouse but are completely blocked. A variant might cause damage to the motherboard is eating full bios battery if this is what happens when you replace the battery your machine will boot perfectly but after a certain time the problem will arise.

Make sure that you have plugged the speaker to the JFP2 and see if you can ge any noise from the speaker. So do that and reply back with the results.

This is very common problem and I am also on the same list of people who have previously faced this problem. Generally the reason why video does not signal a computer beeps and there is the memory card, if you try a new memory card you can rule out damage to the processor, power supply or maybe your motherboard is bumping into the case somewhere.

In my experience when the CPU starts but does not load the BIOS then let alone the operating system with the fans and drives cd / dvd / floppy. If light is due to lack of energy source is a broken and does not send sufficient energy to the CPU to start then this also happens when changing video card for more power and a power source does not support it. Remember that most power supplies if they say they are 400w or most are not, the truth is that only 300-350 watts are around real, only those that are marked as Cooler Master gives the actual number of watts.

You must test the components of the motherboard with another motherboard if your RAM, hard disk, processor, video card and power supply to rule out that some of these components are damaged.

I am also having somewhat similar problem like this but I want to tell you that I am having the speaker connected, as my case does not come with one unluckily. Perhaps I must look into getting one. I have powered on the main board outside the case by means of just one memory stick installed while I initially had power problem. I did not have a monitor hooked up though therefore I am not sure if I would have had the similar problem.

This is seems to be the connection problem and you must check for al the connection and make sure that they are properly fitted to their places. If you have doubt for any of the connection then just disconnect and connect that properly and specially for the monitor connection.

There are some possibilities of this problem that I am listing.
    1. The cable between the monitor and the CPU may be loose (or disconnected), or damaged. Check the connections.
    2. If the computer beeps once at startup, it is likely that the problem comes from the screen . Your screen may be defective. Try it on another computer. If the problem persists, we will have to consider replacing the monitor (screen).
    3. If the computer beeps more than once at startup, see the instructions on the motherboard. The graphics card in your computer is probably involved. It may simply be poorly connected or defective or off.
    4. Such a problem may also be a CPU HS or a faulty motherboard.

You can try to disconnect the hard drive if you turn means that video output is good then they must ending the BIOS and specify that they are not connected enabled devices storage or optical then save changes reboot from the BIOS then turn off the computer, reconnect the and optical storage devices in the following order: slot ide / ata 1-1 (the slot is usually blue) here is the hard drive (the jumper should be set to master) slot IDE / ATA 1-2 here connect the optical drives (dvd-cd-rom-rw) (the jumper should be in the pocicion slave or slave)

This is appears to be the problem with the connection and you should check for every attachments properly and verify that they are legitimately fitted to their slots. I think resetting the attachments might help you.