Thread: MSI Z68 GD 80 G3 not working

MSI Z68 GD 80 G3 not working

I have recently purchased MSI Z68 GD 80 G3. I have noticed that the multiplier in uefi is did not fixing. It is simply getting to 34 without any reason. I am not able to fix the matter and I don’t know whether any of the setting is missing or there is something wrong with the computer. Let me know why the above mentioned issue is being happening in the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: MSI Z68 GD 80 G3 not working

There is no much information which will help me out to figure out the root cause of the problem. What is the hardware configuration of the computer? which operating system do you have installed? Is there any changes on the computer of yours? which version of the BIOS do you have installed? Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me out to learn the situation more appropriately.

As far as I know UEFI 1.2 is the latest version available and you are using MSI Z68 GD 80 G3. We know that the UEFI is the specification used to define the software interface between the operating system which you have installed and the platform firmware.

It is not necessary to have the BIOS/UEFI Updates as there is no initial release is perfect. However there could be lots of possibilities for the different kind of the CPU , mainboard, memory and various hardware specification which you can installed on the computer of yours. you have to take care of the thing that is BIOS/UEFI should be perfect from the beginning. I think such kind of the board will not release in nearby future.

I recommend that you should simply reduce the complexity of the system. You should test one of the memory stick and graphic card and see whether there is any boot problem issue associated with it. this will help you out to figure out where exactly the issue is being happening into the situation of yours. the problem which you have stated over here can be occurring due to different factors like PSU, video card , memory or there could be an issue with motherboard itself. so thoroughly checking of the system of yours is quite mandatory.

Do you have connected 6-Pin +12V PCI-Express supplementary power connector of the motherboard to PSU? If you have not done the same than you should try the same and if you already connected than you should unplug and is there any change in the situation.

I am wondering that the multiplier option is something like odd. Sometime you will double click on it and there will be no option like that. Actually the option box is corrupted and it gets resolved as you have restarted the computer of yours. there should be 2t, 8-8-8-24 however xmp defaults should be of 1t- 9-9-9-24 and you have to set the same to the manually so that you can set the settings correctly.

I think I have figured out the root cuase of the issue which you have mentioned over here. the 8 pin plug on the corsair ax850 gpu is leading to the 1 6pin + 2pin plug. Two pin plug has catch on top to link to catch on the 6 pin. To make it properly two pin plug catch should be on the inside of the 6 pin catch. I have found that the plugs was not connected appropelrty that mean both the pin was looking plugged into the gpu but it did not touching the connectors on the GPU and hence the above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine.

I have visited the official website of the motherboard maufaturer and I have look over and there and downloaded the latest version of the BIOS from it. I have flashed the BIOS with the latest version and the issue of mine is get resolved.

Looking at the matter of yours I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the motherboard which you are using. I recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the motherboard of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty at the official service center.