Thread: Cannot get onboard audio if PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card is Enabled with MSI 880G-E45

Cannot get onboard audio if PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card is Enabled with MSI 880G-E45

I have recently purchased nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO graphic card and I have connected in my computer in which I have MSI 880G-E45 motherboard. Now whenever I enable PCI-E nVidia Graphics at that time I cannot get audio. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Cannot get onboard audio if PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card is Enabled with MSI 880G-E45

Well as far as I know you have to first check whether all the setting is proper in the sound setting or not. Sometimes due to wrong setting also this kind of problem can take place.

Re: Cannot get onboard audio if PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card is Enabled with MSI 880G-E45

I am aware of this problem and as far as I know you can solve this issue by disabling the jack-detection option in your system. You can find the jack-detection option in the Realtek-mixer. first you have to open the Realtek-mixer in your computer and after opening the Realtek-mixer you have to check whether Realtek-mixer is not enabled if it is enabled then disable it first and after disable it you have to check whether you are getting the audio or not. if you facing the same problem after disabling the Realtek-mixer also then connect your speakers with front jack panel in your computer and after connecting it with the front jack panel also if you are not getting the sound then there might be something wrong with the sound setting or drivers and if you didn’t get any issue after using front jack then there is something wrong with your back panel and you need to contact the MSI service center there you will get the proper solution.

Did you try to fix this issue by reinstalling the Sound drivers in your computer? If you have not tried this trick then I think try to solve this issue by reinstalling the sound drivers and after reinstalling the sound drivers your problem will get solved.

Yes reinstalling the drivers may do the trick. First try to fix this issue by uninstalling the sound drivers from your computer and after uninstalling the sound drivers you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to install the sound drivers again in your computer and after that check whether it makes any difference or not. if you are facing the same problem after reinstalling the sound drivers then I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by downloading updated sound drivers from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and after that downloading the sound drivers you have to install that drivers in your system and after that you have to check whether you are getting the sound properly or not. I think after installing the updated drivers in your computer you will not get any issue with your system. If you need any moiré information then let me know.

If you want to download the latest sound drivers for your system then you have can download this by clicking below download button.

DOWNLOAD sound drivers.

Now after clicking on this you have to click on the download section and after that you have to look for Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and after that download it and install it in your system.

As you have mentioned in your post that after enabling the PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card you are not getting the sound and that is why I will suggest you to connect any other graphic card with your system and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. if you get the same problem then I think there might be something wrong with your motherboard only.

In my system I was also having the same problem and after that I have reinstalled the sound drivers in my system but after reinstalling the sound drivers also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have also installed updated drivers in my system but that didn’t make any difference. Now after that I have down fresh installation of the windows 7 operating system in my computer and after doing that my problem solved. you can also try this trick.

I have tried to solve this issue by referring your above given solution but after trying this solution also I was having the same problem. When I have connected any other graphic card with my system at that time also I get the same problem. is this problem is related to motherboard or something else is causing this issue.

I don’t want to do the fresh install of the operating system in my computer as I I don’t have any backup of my data. Please suggest me solution according to that.

Put your nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO graphic card in other PCI slot and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I am suggesting you this because sometimes bad PCI slot can also create this type of problem and that is why it is necessary to check both the slots. try this solution.

If you are still finding the difficulty with onboard audio then you should try to solve this issue by doing the following solution.
    • First you have to remove all the graphic card related drivers from your system.
    • Now after doing that you have to also uninstall the onboard sound drivers from your system and after removing that you have to delete all the temporary files.
    • After that reboot the system and first install the sound drivers in your system.
    • After installing that you have to install the graphic drivers again.

I think after installing the drivers in this sequence your problem will get solved.

Well after reading your solution I have installed the drivers according to your given steps and after installing the drivers in the sequence which you have suggested when I have enable the PCI-E nVidia Graphics Card at that time also I was getting the sound. Now all the things are working properly.