Thread: Cmos battery not saving date on MSI 790FX-GD70

Cmos battery not saving date on MSI 790FX-GD70

Every time when I reboot I get a low cmos Battery error I have tried replacing the battery and have also checked the voltage from the cmos battery and it appears to be working fine.i m mot able to find where the problem is? Is there anyone having a solution for it?

Re: Cmos battery not saving date on MSI 790FX-GD70

I am also facing the "Low Battery" error every time i boot, I have also tried some BIOS update such as the live update and M-Flash, I've had chosen to update it to the newest "H" version... but it doesn’t seems like if it is working? Can someone help me with a solution??

Even I am having the same problem .whenever I am trying to boot or reboot I get errors like “low cmos battery and time/date not set.It passes the same error if I try to acess BIOS settings.I have tried by replacing it with different but even it’s not woking.I don’t have much knowledge about the BIOS updates can any one hlp me to sort out this error

The mother board of a computer have a very small lithium battery as small as a battery of a watch which provide the power to store the CMOS settings. When this battery dies or expires we get a messages like "Bad CMOS settings .you just need to open the computer and replace the battery

I had the same problem few days ago an I had also updated the BIOS thinking that it will solve the problem but it didn’t worked . is it possible to change bios setting? Because every time I change and later when I get the error message the BIOS setting gets reset to the default? Is there any other way to sort this out? Or even I need to try replacing the battery?