Thread: Good CPU Cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

Good CPU Cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

I want a good CPU heatsink and fan for the ASRock Z68 PRO3. Anyone have any suggestions for a good quiet, preferably Pulse Width Modulated heatsink and CPU fan for my PC, Any one uses the following two:

1) COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
    2) ZALMAN CNPS11X Extreme

Re: Good CPU Cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

I’ve Got the Hyper212+ for AUD $35 which is fantastic value for such a great performing heatsink. It does not have noise, but I am planning to replace the fan on it with a Nexus 120mm PWM fan (which is for $15) because the stock fan on the Hyper has a very slight rattle in it. It may be because of faulty fan, but since you can replace the fan only, I am gonna do that. For idle: < 30C - fan on lowest RPM, practically muffled; full load for 30mins goes to under 60C. Fan is a bit noisy at 55C but is still very quiet at around 1500RPM.

The Pro3 heatsink and fan on the AsRock site and is has no issues with clearances anywhere on the computer. I use Extreme4 which is packed tighter than the Pro3 and I have no issues in the Extreme4 at all. Also, in Hyper there is a space for adding another fan, though I won’t bother with it as till now it’s fine. Your case is though a tall heatsink, so as long as your case has a 120mm fan port above the motherboard ports (if the case is lying on parallel to the ground) then you should be fine. Btw I have an Antec P183 V3 and it fits perfectly height wise with infact a few mm to spare. I am using Zalman CNPS10X-Quiet CPU Cooler.

I am owner of this motherboard for 5 days now and I use Cooler Master TX3, and it is a quiet one. But it seems that there is some problem with BIOS/UEFI as it did not show doesn't control CPU fan speed as it shouldAlso, once the fan speeds up when temp. is increased I can’t decrease he volume unless you want to brick or unlock it. Also it seems that no matter what, CPU temps go to lower than 45C as it is the lowest value in the UEFI. I have TX3 with Prime95 and temps go up to 70C and still the fan dosen’t slow down and temp. is full. No matter what the temperature is it remains at full speed. UEFI setting is auto/45C/Level 1. I would say I used CM 212+ which was a good cooler, but it was noisy at high fan speed. UEFI but dosen’t show fans as the ysuppose it to. The only soktuions os ASRock eXtreme Tuner which has fan controls.

64C on load at 4.6GHz!? nice! what prime95 test are you using and stress testing is donw for how long? Can 212 can reach those numbers? If you know do tell me how? I am using speedfan to monitor core temps and there is about a 7-8C variation between the cores during the test, with 82C being the hottest
    Also good idea about the RAM cooling, will try to rearrange things and poke around my mobo as you have suggested. What’s the reason though for using high-end RAM up until the sandy bridge, until now over clocking was done by increasing the FSB which did put stress on the ram. But nowadays overclocking is done with the cpu multiplier of the multiprocessor so there is no stress on the ram any more