Thread: EP43-UD3L keeps rebooting with CPU Q9400

EP43-UD3L keeps rebooting with CPU Q9400

I am having computer at my place since past 3 years. My computer was working fine till I upgraded few things. Actually I have upgraded my motherboard and cpu. I have just upgraded to Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard and to intel core 2 quad Q9400 CPU. When I try to boot my system it boots for 5 seconds properly and then boots and boots again in loop. I have my old E4400 cpu and when I use the Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard with the old cpu, it works perfectly. So I assume that the issue is related to the cpu only. I have upgraded to the latest F4 bios and also I have cleared the cmos but still it doesn’t work properly. I use 4 x 1GB DDR2-800 memory and have tried single stick but all in vain. I don’t know what to do now? Any suggestions regarding the issue would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Please help me as it’s quite urgent.

Re: EP43-UD3L keeps rebooting with CPU Q9400

Well as you say that when you put your old cpu and it works with that then definitely I think the new cpu to which you have upgraded is a faulty one. The board should support Intel core 2 quad processor Q9400. It should work with any bios. I would suggest you to try the cpu with some other machine and check it works or not. I think you will have to RMA the cpu. I also agree that this is a very rare scenario but it happens.

Well you haven’t mentioned the complete details of your system. Please mention the power supply unit and the cooler that you are using So that I can effectively help you out. Currently it is difficult for me to detect the issue because of insufficient details. Reply to me as early as possible with details of psu and cooler.

Make sure that your memory is in the supported list on the gigabyte website. You need to check this by visiting the website. If memory is not supported then you might have to purchase a new memory for your system.

For this issue we can guess several things regarding the processor, RAM, PSU, IDE connectors, HDD, cables and other peripherals which are connected to the motherboard. First make sure that you have connected the PSU connectors to the motherboard properly. Then check for the Fan and heatsink connectors. If all the components are properly connected then just remove the ram module and fit it back properly.

I think you should try to reinstall the operating system. What operating system are you using? Was your motherboard working properly with this cpu when you had upgraded. I mean has it just started to create troubles or it was from the start? It could be that your cpu has got corrupted. Try to install the fresh copy of operating system. I hope this might resolve the issue.

I think this is the issue related to overheating. May be your old cpu is supporting the psu but your new cpu isn’t supporting the psu. I would suggest you to try another psu that your cpu supports. You can check this on the internet or contact any hardware person to guide you regarding this. As far as I think the new psu should solve the issue. If this doesn’t solve then the only last thing that you can do is you must call up the service center guys or the retailer form where you had purchased the components. Ask them to solve the issue. If your cpu is faulty then you will have to get it repaired. If any component is faulty and it is in warranty period then it is very good for you.

I would ask you to try to check your Ram Timing. Try to change it to around 52 and then check. I guess your Ram timing is around 33. In my system if I try to run my Ram Timing below 50 it become unstable

It could be that your hard disk has some virus due to which you are facing this problem. It is quite likely that your system is affected by virus. I think for this you should contact the hardware guy to help you out. If it is not a virus attack then I suppose that it is firmware. Hope you have installed the latest firmware in system. If not then I would say that please do it.

I suppose that it is the issue of the Power button. The power button which is attached to the CPU case might be malfunctioned. It is automatically cycling the power as on and off. Please make sure that it is fine. I hope this is the reason and your problem gets resolved.

As you have said that the system boots for 5 seconds and then keeps rebooting after that then I think the problem could be related with ram, cooler, fan or of cables. I would recommend you to check all these components. As you have tried single stick so I think ram could not be an issue. But I would like to say that make sure that the ram slot is fine. I had some similar issue, the only thing I could have done was visiting any hardware expert. So do that or you can better sell it off.