Thread: Information on AMD Llano Desktop

Information on AMD Llano Desktop

Can anyone provide me here some information on AMD Llano desktop? I am planning to get one for myself. Any suggestion will be thankfully accepted.

Re: Information on AMD Llano Desktop

AMD's Godfrey Cheng has written in a blog post that AMD's rivalry most certainly will be be shocking as Llano has exceeded than what AMD's were expecting it to be in terms of reducing power utilization and improving power effectiveness. Cheng said that AMD has found opportunities to save power and "dramatically" augment battery life over earlier platforms. He said that AMD will reveal real numbers when Llano is launched later this month.

If you are having the one, basically you will be getting an Athlon II X4 640 plus a very good IGP in one package which in my opinion is the fair deal. It seems that Core i3-2105 is 10% more faster Central Processing Unit ,however Intel HD 3000 is approximately half of the AMD HD 6550D. I3-2100 is having HD 2000. 1600Megahz/1866Megahz DDR3 Random Access Memory recommended as the GPU will be having a better performance. So I think you are going to be benefited from this and you will be having a good deal. Go for it.

Well I think then it will be fair deal on purchase.

Llano, if the benchmarks and the post are supposed to believe then I will say that, is clock for clock, as fast as desktop Phenom II. I don’t even think that it si anywhere close to Sandy Bridge, sure, but it is somewhat higher than C2D and almost Arrandale in performance per clock. If whatever thing, these benchmarks make Llano more attractive. So, if AMD delivers on the battery life, we will be looking at
    • near to Arrandale clock for clock performance
    • ULV battery life
    • Up to 2.5-3 times SB graphics performance
    • Price tag under $700

after having seen those benchmarks I was incredibly dissatisfied but now they make a lot more sense. I can't wait for Llano now.

AMD proclaimed its first consignment of 32nm A-series quad-core chips, codenamed Llano, for laptops and desktops. After playing next fiddle to Intel for decades, AMD has now caught up to Intel on the 32nm developing process front, giving it a more spirited grip. The new chips may also assist AMD bounce back in one mainly important segment: notebook processors. The 32nm chip manufacture technology is the subsequent evolution in chip development, an improvement over the 45nm process AMD has been making use of most recently. By reducing the size of the features on the chip, companies can ramp up performance and energy efficiency, while creating smaller chips.

This LLano platform is certainly going to hit budget aware customers as they can still take a taste of games at lesser resolution without having to buy a discrete graphic card.

AMD is about to be released a batch of new Llano APUs coming month that are specially modified to desktops rather than laptops. The most influential among them will be the 2.9GHz A8-3850, which has previously caused a stir on the review circuit for one simple reason: it pulls off a brutal "one shot one kill" on Intel's HD 3000 integrated graphics. There was an impression of the fact that all its benchmarking games were playable on the $135 AMD chip, which roughly doubled frame rates in titles like Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2 etc.

Over-clocking the llano is also a big no as the bclk is now included and there are no unlocked multipliers. So when bclk is raised, other bus speeds ( pci-e bus, Northbridge) also increase leading to severe limitation. Over clocking it to 3.4 GHz will be leading it to evils using ssd drives. So it’s not an over clocking platform unless AMD releases some black edition parts in which the bclk will be untouched.

: Here are some of the pros and cons of AMD Llano
    Pros
    • Great for Home Theater PCs
    • DirectX 11, OpenCL (GPU & CPU) & Direct Compute Support
    • Excellent Value
    Cons
    • needs Socket FM1 Motherboard (although AM3+ Heat sinks Work)
    • PC Games advantage From Adding a Dedicated Graphics Card

Thanks friends I for your precious replies I have my mind for this now and I am feeling on a safer side now. Many Mnay thanks guys for your invaluable suggestions.