Thread: nvidia geforce 8800gt is not recognized by ASRock N68-S UCC

nvidia geforce 8800gt is not recognized by ASRock N68-S UCC

Hi friends I have recently purchased nvidia geforce 8800gt graphic card which I have connected with my ASRock N68-S UCC motherboard. Now after connecting my graphic card with my motherboard I am facing issues. my motherboard is not recognizing the graphic card. please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: nvidia geforce 8800gt is not recognized by ASRock N68-S UCC

Have you connected your nvidia geforce 8800gt graphic card with your motherboard properly or not? first check that whether your graphic card is connected with your motherboard properly or not. it is better that you remove the graphic card from your system and after that connect it again.

I have refereed your problem and after referring your issue I would like to suggest you that first disconnect your graphic card with other PCI slot on your motherboard and after connecting the graphic card with another PCI slot you have to start the computer and after that check whether your system is recognizing the graphic card or not. if you get the same problem then you have to start the computer first and after that you have to check whether any previously installed graphic drivers is properly uninstalled or not. if you have used any other graphic card then you must ne having the drivers of that in your system and that is why I am suggesting you to solve this issue by removing all the graphic related drivers from your system and after restart the system and after restarting the system you have to install the graphics drivers again and after installing that drivers check whether your system is working fine or not.

Yes I am agree with the above solution. In my computer there was similar kind of problem was occurred with my graphic card and after that I have first uninstalled my graphic drivers and then restart the computer without any drivers and then I have installed onboard drivers first and after that I have installed graphic card drivers and after installing that my problem get solved.

If you are facing the same problem after trying above solutions also then I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by updating the BIOS in your computer because sometime whenever we connect any new hardware at that time our system may not able to recognize it properly and after that we have to update the BIOS to solve this issue. if you want to update the BIOS then you have to do following steps
    • First you have trio download the BIOS update file from the internet
    • After that you have to burn the BIOS update file in one CD or DVD.
    • After that burning the DVD you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to update the BIOS.

Now after updating the BIOS you have to check whether your system is recognizing the graphic card or not.

Thank you for giving me quick replies. after reading you solutions I have finally solved this issue by updating the BIOS. now after updating the BIOS my system has recognized the graphic card properly. Now in my system I am system I am not getting sound. I have tried to solve this issue but unable to get rid of this issue. Please help me with it.

It is good that you have solve the issue by updating the BIOS and you have mentioned that you are facing issues with sound on your computer then I will suggest you to first check your all sound setting is proper or not. because some time due to wrong setting also this kind of problem can take place and that is why first you have to do all the proper setting in your system and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. you have to also make sure that you speakers are worki9ng properly. Connect your speakers with any other machines and after that you have to check whether they are working properly or not. if you get the same problem after connecting speaker with other computer then your speakers are faulty abd if you done get the same problem then there might be something wrong with your computer.

Have you tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the sound drivers in your system? First insert the derivers CD in your system and after that you have to check whether you are getting the sound from your system or not. I think after reinstalling the sound drivers your problem will get solved or not.

If you have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the sound drivers and after that also if you are having the same problem then I think you should connect the speakers with your cabinet front panel jack pin and after connecting it with front panel you have to check whether you are getting the sound or not. you should also connect any other speakers with your computer and after that check whether you are having the same problem or not. I think problem your cabinet back panel port has broken.

Try to solve this problem by doing these steps.
    • First you have to download the updated sound drivers from its official website.
    • Now after that you have to remove the sound drivers which are currently installed in your computer.
    • After uninstalling the drivers you have to restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer you have to install the new drivers again.

Now after installing the new drivers your problem will get solved.

Well after reading your post I have downloaded updated sound drivers for ASRock N68-S UCC and after downloading those drivers in my system I have installed it and after installing that all the things started working normally. Thank you for helping me.