Thread: BIOS modding for Acer Aspire 5742G.

BIOS modding for Acer Aspire 5742G.

In my new Acer Aspire 5742G, All values in the latest BIOS (1.10) seem to be good except that for me, UEFI boot is not working. In addition, VSS does not seem to stick to modding unless you change the value in both the configuration and custom variable, so I just did this with a hex editor (ACER checksums do not have to compress volumes VSS). However, this requires a bios dump for each laptop, and that to be changed. Instead, I like to modify the SetupUtility PE (well, actually the bytecode UEFI HII forms within its data section). This gives the option to unlock (alone changes the curb If some dummy variables to test for some false values).

Re: BIOS modding for Acer Aspire 5742G.

I think that HIIPACK header consists of 6 bytes: [SIZE UINT32, UINT16 TYPE], so place the cursor on the scroll, check the little endian mode on your intel hex editor, and interpret the int size. The UEFI bytecode is in the area right after the header of 6 bytes, which is defined by size. You can view a list of opcodes within dumpsetup2.py for more information about an operation code that can only google, then follow the link to the Wiki in Phoenix. Or see the Intel EFI pdf that has definitions for most of them

I wanted to see the advanced boot options, such as UEFI boot, Fast Boot, etc. I found the bytecode.txt chain, which is the package so that they are in ("'start' way of reading = 7f120 ") and see why it is showing (" Delete if LIST [0x85 <1>] in (0x00, 0x02 0x01, 0x03, 0x04) "
    Now, we can either just edit our bios dumped hexadecimal by setting the 0x85 0x05 var VSS, but that would ruin some other pages where it is unknown gray values, etc, and reset, if you choose to return factory settings in the BIOS, or you can edit the bytecode UEFI to check that the variable most

Yes, first run main.py then dumpsetup2.py modify the values obtained from main.py. So if you want to use vtenable.py, you have to locate the file. $ fd by VSS in a hex editor, and note that as VSS_OFFSET by VSS_SIZE to do a whatever.fd fvdump and look at the file size of *. bin FV-containing $ VSS at the top, PATCH_OFFSET is the storage of displacement that has to look at the output of dumpimage2.py (0x85, 0x1a3, etc), PATCH_VALUE is what you want the value to be.

Let me tell you that However, when I wanted to do this, it was easier to just hex edit the. fd directly for it, find $ VSS, then look for "Settings" unicode later, and then find the next AAFF hexagon after her return X bytes (where X is the value of production nvsize dumpsetup2.py) and then follow PATCH_OFFSET and edit out its value. Repeat for "Custom" unicode and clubs to make the value

Hey hi all, I was planning on unlocking all the menus. And have already VT enabled. However, after dumping all the tables do not seem to be anything of real value not

I uploaded new scripts now also includes a python rar following ezH2O fsdump.py orientation format, and also dumps the original. Ffs, as well as the different sections, so you can try to import the ACE ezH2O I am sure that it will work, you must change the logo after importation and before you save to ezH2O notice, but if your laptop can still boot is the question. I would like to ask you that Can your laptop UEFI boot?

It would be nice if someone here has Acer 3810T, since for that model, bios allows booting UEFI 8.1, while 1.10 doesn't. And I have a list of modules changed here, you might try one at a time, see what disabled. I think that in order to be compatible with UEFI, should also simply Windows 7 boot from the DVD x64 UEFI not mbr. this seems to be compiled modules bios. And had the home folder fine, and the strings in the download module seem to be there in my bios, however, does not work,