Thread: Can't install a 3TB Raid1?

Can't install a 3TB Raid1?

I have a new GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H which I'm trying to use with a Raid 1 of 2x 3TB HITACHI Deskstar 0S0323. Using the Raid as my boot volume failed miserably and I couldn't even install Windows (7 Ultimate 64bit). I finally got a support response from Gigabyte that I can't use >2TB raid as my boot volume. Very well, I got a 1TB drive and successfully installed my OS, without my raid volume. But now I still can't install the raid. Whenever I configure SATA Raid from the bios ctrl+F raid utility, the computer refuses to boot Windows, and restarts at the end of the bios load.

I've installed latest bios and drivers (including raid drivers) from Gigabyte to no avail.

How do I install my 3TB Raid1 volume?

Thanks!

Re: Can't install a 3TB Raid1?

I think its not able to solvable issue. you have to wait till the new firmware and OS support or compatibility introduce by makers. this is what i know about it. if you found any solution for this then please share it with us also. so it will help is to improve our knowledge thank you.

Re: Can't install a 3TB Raid1?

Gigabyte support told me to switch my bios controller to Raid mode, then completely re-install windows on a single drive, then install my raid separately. I didn't feel like completely wiping and reformatting my system, so I can't confirm whether this works. I did however solve the issue by using a Windows software raid instead of using the mobo raid setting. This was very easy to set up for a Raid1 using the disk management utility in Windows.