Thread: Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2 v3.4 showing SATA3 HDD connected as SATA1

Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2 v3.4 showing SATA3 HDD connected as SATA1

Recently I completed the configuration of my new computer which I made on top of Gigabyte motherboard as well as ST3160316AS HDD. The motherboard is set toward A. H. C. I. and the POST screen displays it is detecting the Hard drive like "1.5G". The most up-to-date BIOS (F13) is installed and has been re-configured with no achievement. Can this be fixed?

Re: Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2 v3.4 showing SATA3 HDD connected as SATA1

SATA2 can be transferred through the theoretical maximum of 3Gbps data while SATA3 theoretically allows you to transfer data up to 6Gbps, however, the current hard disk cannot reach even half of the SATA2 speed, let alone SATA3.

So the new hard drive, whether or SATA2 SATA3 is indifferent, that statement is not a guide to determine the speed of the hard disk.

For USB2 and USB3 but the speech is different because the throttle speed USB2, it allows a theoretical maximum data transfer of only 480 Mbit / s while the USB3 4.8 Gbit / s, enough to allow you to transfer data at rates Maximum hard drive.

Reboot the PC and go into the Bios section Boot (startup). Selects in the first, the DVD burner. Second HDD and 3rd and 4th; do not put anything (none). Valid by the F10 key and start Windows. Turn off the PC; connect the HDD to Windows XP SP3. If the problem persists is a BIOS reset (reset to zero by default). Disconnect the PC and remove the jumper next to the CMOS battery on the motherboard and return it to its original position and remove the battery for at least a quarter of an hour.

Check it on another computer if you recognize it. It can happen that is bad,

I assume that the SATA controller drivers are installed and functioning and that the controller is set to enable in the bios. Try to connect with those usb cables adapters’ sata + external power supply (you can find them in the store for 20-25 and are often in situations like this one) and see if it is detected. If not detected, which means it is not working. If detected, don’t you see it in My Computer? With XP, you must go to disk management (Control Panels-administrative tools-computer management). At this point there is no volume letter assigned. Init assigning a letter (if you do not like the one proposed by OS) and format it to NTFS. At this point you will see it in My Computer.

First make the detection of your hard drive in the BIOS (press the start "of" or "F2" or "esc" according to your model). is in case the manufacturer's page user's manual in the installation of SATA drives.

Let's go on to analyze the performance of the product from Western Digital hard drive first using the interface for which it was produced, or the SATA III. For the analysis of the performance benchmarks we used different software in order to measure the actual performance of the disk, we have not changed any settings related to saving or overclocking. For this you can use the following tools:
    • HDTune PRO
    • ACT
    • HDTACH
    • Crystal Disk Mark
    • AIDA 64