Thread: DVD or USB installation of windows 7 for Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H

DVD or USB installation of windows 7 for Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H

Hi, I have purchased a new motherboard as I have mentioned in the title and I am little bit confused as whether shall I make use of DVD or USB for installing the operating system, because I have heard that the USB installation is quite simpler and fast as compare to DVD, if so then please mentioned the steps that we have to follow for installing the windows 7 through USB. And will it be perfect with the board I have mentioned in the title. Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: DVD or USB installation of windows 7 for Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H

See both the things are same in fact there isn’t any such difference as one of them will take more time for installing and another would be fast as compare to that. And whatever you choose as a result you’ll get the same product, and according to my recommendation you should install with the DVD only.

I also has the same opinion as the above user because while we do the same thing with the help of USB we need to make the USB bootable first and that’s quite pathetic rather worthless if you have the DVD drive and the DVD disk as well. But still if suppose you want to install it through the USB only you can follow the below mentioned steps.

First of all you need to have:

• USB Flash Drive (4GB minimum)

• Windows 7 ISO Image file

• UNetbootin (for making USB drive bootable)

1. Copy the ISO file in the USB and install the mentioned software in your machine and open it, and just fill the required thing. And the main things is to choose the path for the image file that you have to mentioned.
    2. Click OK and the software will start extracting all installation files to the USB drive.
    3. After that you have to just connect the USB drive and boot the machine so it will prompt you for booting.
    4. (Make sure you have selected the first boot option as USB and if not then you have to set it from the BIOS)

According to me as well if you want to just try at least then you can follow the mentioned steps but still the best option is through the DVD driver only. both are same as if you have ISO file for the windows 7 then first of all you have to make a bootable disk and then follow the same steps as just insert the disk and reboot the machine so and after you get the notification on the screen just follow the steps.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, and you have gotten currently as I was just trying only, and for the first time I have installed the windows 7 through the USB, actually I was worried about the motherboard model but after searching other tech sites I came to know that board doesn’t matter.