Thread: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Showing SATA 3 drive as SATA 2 and video as screen saver

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Showing SATA 3 drive as SATA 2 and video as screen saver

My PC with Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard acting as weird and I don’t know what would be the reason for it. Inside bios I have it configured as AHCI and is all configured to Sata. Within HD Tune it shows SATA 2 except my HDD is Sata3,
    • Drive is a Seagate ST31000524AS 1 TB
    • Bios is FF
    • OS is windows7 ultimate 64bit

Since for the video, if I be seated and gaze at TV and not contact whatever thing the display goes out (blank) and seeing as I have it set toward HDMI the monitor will walk off into stand-in and if I shift the mouse it comes back similar to a screen saver. How could be so?

re: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Showing SATA 3 drive as SATA 2 and video as screen saver

Which is the SATA (one of the ports adjacent to the white GSATA, or in the middle)? 2 SATA can usually configure separately. Could be that the SATA3 one of those? If your DVD drives to run the SATA, it could be that the firmware of the drive does not want to port. It is also a broken cable; SATA cables are always very sensitive.

re: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Showing SATA 3 drive as SATA 2 and video as screen saver

It could be that a new firmware for the controller eliminates the problem. Then a BIOS update would solve the problem later. You can also run at the plate GSATA. Which is not quite as fast as the SB850, but what you usually only see in the burst rate (operating noted it's usually not). A hardware defect, it is probably not, or should not run even the optical drives. Therefore, it seems more likely a problem with the firmware (disk and / or controller) to be. I have the whole time as a precaution in the new bug list included. The SB 850 controller, a SATA 3 controller, appears to conduct yourself similar to a SATA 1 controller through a SATA 2 and similar to a SATA 2 controller while utilized through a SATA 3 HDD. I would make use of a separate video card, since the performance of the aboard video is unsatisfactory.

Re: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Showing SATA 3 drive as SATA 2 and video as screen saver

There appears to be a trouble with HD Tune, particularly the free of charge edition. Through consider to your display turning off I would twice check your Power Saving settings within Windows7 and as well within Catalyst Control Centre while these can occasionally prevail the settings that you might have prepared.