Thread: AM3 processors support on Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

AM3 processors support on Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

It is known that gigabyte providing most excellent motherboards from the past several years. Currently I own a Ga-m56s-s3 motherboard by means of Amd Athlon 64 x2 4000+ (clocked @ 2.9ghz). Right now I am looking forward to upgrade to phenom II x4 otherwise athlon II x4. Can I go for this? Do you think that this motherboard does support these processors? On the official site it is written that by the help of latest BIOS update it is possible. How could be its performance though?

Re: AM3 processors support on Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

If what they said the summer course you will have more room on your pc and your micro, do not despise the AMD processors that are good, just learn how making the most probation and for the RAM does not exceed 100 million ok cycles is a standard measure for a proper functioning of your RAM and if you go over 200 million cycles must control the ddr2 voltages if normal is 1.8 volts but the margins are set to 1.95 volts , you should not exceed 2.3 volt DDR2 RAM for your module that works for you in good condition

If I understand correctly then this will have also AM3 CPU in which the BIOS F6C behind it even though it's just a really AM2/AM2 + board. According to the support list, it goes up to 945 Phenom X4. However, there may well be that C & Q works limited because the Phenom CPU-NB always require the same voltage (on K8 was not so, because no CPU-NB). Whether you are running on the CPU is an AM2 or AM3 board relatively unimportant, the performance difference is marginal. I just looked again into the CPU list for your board and I have to correct because a little bit. Your board only supports the 95-watt version (which you can buy anywhere). Maximum for your board would be the 945, but it is too expensive.

In the CPU support list, but the Phenom X4 is 940 with "N / A". Since the Phenom X4 9750 is the fastest processor that is marked with a BIOS version. The 940er duchaus could indeed run well, but that does not seem to be safe.

The only officially supported CPUs seem Phenom X4 with 2,2 / 2,3 GHz and 45W to be. But I would like to take the Phenom X4-810. Is faster, not more expensive and keeps the power consumption is still pretty much back. The X4-920 was until recently still officially in it, not anymore - that was possibly only because of his power hunger?
    The two Phenom 600e and 605e are somehow still too lame to me and waiting to see if there will be even faster versions of it (a 610 (e) or 615 (e) with 65W would be ideal), I will no longer do so.

AMD will move to support to support AM3 and DDR3 in the wake of a technology to 45 nm. To exploit this type of memory, it will of course a motherboard equipped with DDR3 banks. However, given that AM3 processors will ship always a DDR2 controller, they will remain compatible with the motherboard equipped with a support AM2 and AM2 +. Of course, this backward compatibility is partly theoretical. Indeed, for various reasons such as a power stage is not suitable, a limited chipset, a low thermal envelope, or the lack of updating the BIOS, the upgrade will not always be possible. Unlike the first AM2 motherboard, the models of last generation AM2 + should offer maximum compatibility.

The Phenom X4 supports 600e and 605e, or at least should include the Phenom X4 run 620 and 630. The Phenom X4 810 could also run well, because he is actually older, so in the AGESA version also there should be.

But these are just guesses. Whether it really works, can someone just say that running the config / has tried. But just because the Athlon running, the Phenom X4 Chander for the 810 are actually quite good if the voltage converter that participate in the long run. If you choke, the voltage to 1.25 V in the BIOS (if that is all about with the CPU and the BIOS), the VRM should not be so burdened.