Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P shows Black screen, "N" and Green block upon boot

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P shows Black screen, "N" and Green block upon boot

2 months ago, I built my foremost PC on Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P motherboard. The whole thing was going fine, except two times the PC would start up, show the Motherboard display and provide me the choice to go into BIOS prior to going directly toward a black screen, through a capital N and a tiny green rectangle into the centre of teh display. This issue gets fixed while I rebooted that time but now it again returned but won’t vanish at all. Even I am not able to press F12 to go into the boot options or safe mode or anything. The processor I used is AMD processor. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P shows Black screen, "N" and Green block upon boot

You must specify which components your PC has, if you use windows or Linux You may have exhausted the battery from the motherboard or a problem in the OS. If when turning on or restarting the computer, you got a USB Memory Key (usb key), external hard drive or any USB things, disconnect it. If your PC is rebooting can be physical factors or windows, if using the advanced boot options it is the same I think you should try the following:
    Enter the reset function of the BIOS default values (very important), leave it turned on there for some considerable time and check if it is off here, since the BIOS is independent of the operating system. If it goes well here then it may be the status of your hard drive, your motherboard or memory, you would have to discard each of them, but definitely physical

Look on your motherboard. There should be a jumper that blocks access to the back. You just have to be shifted right or left to unlock. This is typical of Bell.

It is also so if I'm doing a reboot then the picture will hang where you can choose whether you want the BIOS boot menu, etc. But if I turn off the power supply then you go back as normal and I come into the BIOS, then I will configure the RAM but only because he recognized as 1333 and not 1600! The latencies I have to also set some extra, then I'm going to save & exit, then the PC starts and new but it remains at the menu hanging, weird

Have you tried by clearing the CMOS? During the CMOS reset switch on the PC you should not!
    • Turn off the PC and disconnect power supply (remove the cable)
    • Remove the battery for about 10 minutes
    • Replace the battery
    • Turn on your PC.

Alternatively you can put the jumper "clear CMOS" for about ten seconds, still without power and the PC is off, then remove it, but given your situation I would opt for removing the battery. Turn on the PC with the jumper "clear CMOS" added may damage the motherboard.

In fact it was a boot problem with regard to Part IDE. The storage disk Boot folder first and then the one containing the programs. I reversed and everything is back to normal. I do not know why these settings have been changed, any more than I do not know why sometimes you have to press F2, then on Supp to enter the bios.

If you have bios with the post that appears before the beep, you can stop the scrolling with the keyboard button "pause", if you stop at the right time, you should see displayed the keys provided by the manufacturer for the bios access, and others may be!

If the F8 key is used to access the boot in Safe Mode, it is generally used to display the boot order of the HDD, if not the F11 keyboard key may be, it can change the boot order without having to enter the bios

Well you would have to get into the BIOS without ram but as far as I know you will not get much further because you will need RAM for Windows and similar applications. If your keyboard is a USB it may be the cause of that you enter the BIOS when you turn the key, since the USB is detected once the system, at least on PC a little older or who are not Bios configured to support USB, if this is your case try to install a PS / 2 and then try to enter the Bios