Thread: system freezing on splash screen in gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard

system freezing on splash screen in gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard

Recently I have assembled a new system for office purpose. My new system is creating problems for me these days. My system sometimes starts and sometimes doesn’t. Many a times I have noticed that the system freezes on the splash screen when this screen appears. But sometimes it doesn’t freeze and boots perfectly. I don’t what is the problem. I have checked the memory and the power supply but nothing has changed. The problem persists. I am totally confused. I have also reseated the graphics card but it is without any success. When the system freezes on the splash screen, all the external devices like mouse and keyboard also stops responding. Let me tell you that my system is working fine only 2 out of 20 times. Please give me some advice regarding this.
    My system specification is as follows:
    • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev. 3.1
    • Corsair GS600 PSU
    • Radeon 5830
    • Phenom II X4 955
    • 750GB WD Caviar Black

Re: system freezing on splash screen in gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard

Firstly tell me that have you got the latest BIOS version loaded on your computer or not. If not then I would suggest you to do that. Also make sure that your motherboard's BIOS version supports your processor.

I think this is a BIOS issue and I have encountered similar symptoms with my GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard also. I would suggest you to clear the CMOS. Enter the BIOS settings by pressing DEL and load the default BIOS option in the bios settings. After loading save the settings and then exit. Your system will get restarted and must boot successfully after this.

You need to replace the battery of your motherboard. Replacing the battery would certainly help. Many a times it is the battery that creates such problems. As far as I think there aren’t any configuration or compatibility issues. Visit any hardware shop and try to purchase a new battery and your problem will get solved.

When I had similar issue with my system then I had re-flashed the BIOS and it helped me. So I think even you should go for re-flashing. If you can get into the BIOS then update the bios with a new version FD. Try to flash the BIOS with FLASHSPI.EXE method. I used this method and my system never got freezed after this. But as far as I think if you manage to update the bios your problem will get solved there only

I think formatting your hard disk would be a very intelligent choice. Reinstall the fresh copy of the operating system that you want. Make sure that your system supports that operating system.

I think you should take your system to the hardware shop and consult them regarding the issue. They are the experts and they will provide you with perfect solution. If there is any hardware problem then you might have to get it replaced. I hope your system is in warranty period. If it is then your exoenses will get reduced or infact you will have to pay nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0w-Le0p@rD View Post
    I think formatting your hard disk would be a very intelligent choice. Reinstall the fresh copy of the operating system that you want. Make sure that your system supports that operating system.
    How would formatting the hard drive resolve the issue?