Thread: system cannot boot using Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

system cannot boot using Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

Recently I have assembled a computer system for my home purpose. I have AMD X2 6000+ CPU processor with Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (Rev 2.0) Bios FHO (Beta) motherboard. My system contains RAM of 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 with HEC 550W power supply unit. Actually 2 days back when I tried to boot my PC, it did not boot up. It was working fine before 2 days. All of a sudden I don’t know what has happened. When I try to boot my system, I see that my fans are working, there is some beep sound from the CPU but there is no display at all. I have experimented a lot but nothing has happened and improved. As far as I think it is something related with the motherboard? I have tried with having one graphic card, I RAM stick, and CPU with heat sink fan but don’t see any success. There is still no display after following all this. What do I do? Any suggestions from you all would be highly appreciated

Re: system cannot boot using Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

Have you tried connecting any external components with your system? Try to connect external disks, pen drive, or speaker kind of things to check the response of the system. If they are getting lights on them or you see that they are responding some way then I think the power supply is fine. As you have mentioned above that your system all of a sudden reacted this way, so I would like to know that did you install any software recently. May be the software you installed is creating troubles to the display.

By reading whatever you have mentioned I would suggest you to disconnect all the components from each other. Unplug the monitor cable from the CPU. After disconnecting and unplugging cables from each other, try to connect and plug the cables back again.

I think you should check your monitor first by connecting it with some other persons CPU. If it works then definitely the problem is related to your motherboard or else you need to buy a new monitor.

As I have gone through your query I think your motherboard has shot. I think you should replace the motherboard battery. Check the condition of your battery. I think as you have recently assembled your system, it is much likely that the battery that you got is a faulty one. You can purchase the battery from any nearby hardware shop.

The problem that you are having looks to be because of the graphics card. I would suggest you to replace the graphics card. Before replacing I think you should check the graphics card by putting it in other pc. I think you should also once check the BIOS settings. May be your BIOS has got corrupted. Try to re-flash the BIOS. Well I have no much idea about re-flashing so you should take your system to the hardware center and ask the technician to check it up. If re-flashing is required then you can get it done from the technician.

I think you need to check the settings once in the BIOS. Try to load the optimized BIOS defaults. For that you need to enter the BIOS. Keep Pressing DEL button from the keyboard during the first page to enter the BIOS. You will find the blue screen and you are in BIOS setting page. Then just load the optimized BIOS defaults. You can make other modification based on your needs like you can disable the floppy drive, disable the full screen logo and make the HDD the primary boot device. After doing all this make sure that you save the settings done by you. You must press F8 button and save the settings. After saving press ESC button to escape the BIOS settings.

I think the problem has occurred because your one or more components have stopped responding. I think there is some problem with power unit supply that you are having. I would suggest you to go for higher power supply unit than 550W. You can try 650w power supply unit.