Thread: Cannot boot Linux on GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

Cannot boot Linux on GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

Yesterday my old computer gets updated and it got a new platform from gigabyte. Yes, yesterday I have installed the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 motherboard on it. However I am not a Windows Fan. So I tried to get Puppy Linux or PC Linux using the discs but I didn’t get any boot from it. It seems to me that some drivers are still missing for the board and I don’t know how do I get then and install them. Can anyone help me?

Re: Cannot boot Linux on GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

Hardware support from Gigabyte after their official statements Only Microsoft Windows. The fact that it booting Linux via ACPI block, we see that it just so mean. Except> this I am very satisfied with the board. You wanted something so serious now, not someone Incompatible to recommend the explicitly asks for Linux compatibility?
    My suggestion is: emphasize AM3 from the requirement specification and in the Intel-corner. Look AMD is just in terms of graphics under Linux.

Have you tried Ubuntu or any one of the other distros?

I also have rarely been a board / BIOS, where it is not with Linux would have hooked somewhere. Moist even when ACPI. To that extent I am surprised that now not really. The next thing is probably more a matter of "buggy BIOS" and not a fundamental incompatibility of hardware with Linux. The BIOS can be to update and so far there's always the prospect of a subsequent correction of the error. Gigabyte is one manufacturer that its BIOS in providing images. EXE format. That is what makes the flash on other operating systems more complicated. Since Linux has integrated all the drivers built into kernel, BIOS is only for updating relevant.