Thread: ASUS AHCI/RAID Crosshair IV Formula not working

ASUS AHCI/RAID Crosshair IV Formula not working

Hello there, I as of now have my workstation running my OS on a specific SSD head in my SATA 1 opening (SATA 1-6 exist on my motherboard) in AHCI mode. I desired to put 2 HDDs for space in RAID 1 so I attempted to set my SATA 5-6 ports to RAID, but the just alternatives were AHCI or IDE. Since I update my SATA 1-4 choice to RAID, then I am just able to prefer RAID or IDE for SATA 5-6. I have caught that to update drive arrangements similar to this, I ought to reinstall my OS, but I caught this in connection to Intel-based motherboard. Is the same certain for AMD? But also if thus, is it accurate to say that it is conceivable for me to run my OS off a specific SSD while additionally having several HDDs on a RAID 1 setup on my Crosshair IV Formula motherboard?

Re: ASUS AHCI/RAID Crosshair IV Formula not working

I have 6 drives designed in AHCI for most fit appearance as I have never been a huge fanatic of Raid. AHCI and attack are close on appearance so it`s your inclination on which one to utilize. Vista and windows 7 have the AHCI & RAID drivers preinstalled so to switch you just ought to do the registery mod and update bios provided you made a strike show to begin with you will have no issues. I could design all ports to AHCI unless you required Raid.

I think I'm start to grasp. I was under the impression I had set ports to RAID to compose a RAID cluster. So this implies I would be able to set every little item to AHCI, but I need to produce a RAID exhibit with a programming? And then to make a RAID cluster, I will ought to reinstall Windows by and large. In addition, you said that I should fix Windows through IDE to start with, then after that change it later. Would you be able to affirm this? I will go and search for a guide for making a RAID cluster.

Yes that is right so assuming that you would like assault you should make your strike cluster first with the utility then you should instate windows in IDE mode arrangement. So Set bios to attack and utilize the backing cd for the strike utility then when you have made it update bios back to IDE mode and fix windows. When windows is commissioned then you unequivocally do the registery mod demonstrated to in the proper methodologies to empower assault in windows 7 manage.

In the event that you need AHCI mode then again commission windows in IDE mode and when the os establishment is finish you do the registery mod in the How to empower AHCI in windows 7 manage. The situation with attack is the strike utility should arrange the head the same time as the Raid set up so you lose the information i.e. windows. Don`t neglect you should establish windows utilizing port 5/6 on top of your dvd drive. I additionally presented the How on prepare trim in windows 7 manage which is a unquestionable requirement with a SSD drive. Both the mixed AHCI & RAID drivers in windows uphold trim so which ever mode you pick prepare it.

I associated the SSD to SATA 5. The HDDs are on SATA 2 & 4. I Set BIOS for SATA 1 to 4 RAID. That powers SATA 5 alternatives to IDE or RAID. AHCI is not an alternative. So the SSD is running in IDE mode on SATA 5. Framework booted into Windows 7 and told me it might not recognize the RAID drivers. So I should get the right RAID drivers stacked. I stacked the RAID drivers, shutdown and connected the SSD back to SATA 1, and set SATA 1 to 4 to RAID in BIOS. Framework booted into Windows 7 regularly.

When you possess your windows head in attack you typically need to arrange the drive first with the assault utility to make the exhibit wiping any information. The attack driver is preinstalled with vista and windows 7 but it won’t give you a chance to establish windows in attack mode just IDE for the reason that it is unable to instate the driver around the same time as the establish procedure, even with the driver on a USB stay. It is a blemish in windows vista/7 that would be why they have concocted the boot mod. For AHCI the begin esteem is modified from 3 to 0 and for RAID the iaStorV is modified from 3 to 0. ...3 could be the begin up worth for IDE.