Thread: system unable to boot up and memOK led is on constantly in Asus P8Z68-V

system unable to boot up and memOK led is on constantly in Asus P8Z68-V

Recently I have purchased a new Intel i5 2500K processor with Asus P8Z68-V motherboard with following components:
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro M600
    • Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
    • Amd Radeon HD6950
    • Crucial m4 128GB 128GB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

My system was working fine till last week. I had installed W7 SP1 64bit version and there was wireless connection issue which got resolved. I used to play 3d games on this system and the system got froze. I updated all the drivers but nothing changed. I tried experiments on many things by playing with other components too but all in vain. I have 2 rams so I interchanged them and even removed one of them but nothing changed, the memOK led was still on. My system boots and then reboots. Everything works but it reboots. When the system reboots I get everything running but the visuals doesn’t load. Please help me urgently. I don’t know what is wrong?

Re: system unable to boot up and memOK led is on constantly in Asus P8Z68-V

Well as you have mentioned I would suggest you to unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes. Then try to install the working RAM and power up. Make sure your working ram is working properly. Try to check it with other somebody else’s computer. If there is some problem with the ram then I would ask you to get it replaced. Many a times this works out and I hope it works in your case too.

I think you should use CLRTC jumper. For that you need to unplug the power cord. Then try to move the jumper cap to 2-3 for 10 seconds then move it back to 1-2. You should try to perform all the tests with the working ram. As other one might be faulty or corrupted one. For more information regarding this I think you should Google on the internet. It will provide you with many results and help you to solve your issue.

Why don’t you try to install the latest bios? I know installing bios is a bit risky task but if you follow the instructions properly then it would not be risky. Try to make different setup with your ramstrips. You would be lucky if this helps. I would also ask you to try setting the 'AI Overclock Tuner' to X.M.P. if this do not help then I would ask you to call the asus guys to help you out.

See if you can boot in solitary channel mode. Try modernizing the bios and then install another stick and try to boot in double. Do not bother with tech support since they are not responding properly (Asus). I am returning two Asus Maximus III because none of them are working in double channel. Try it and then see what happens and after trying let me know did it help or no. all the best

I thing you need to follow the following steps for Clear RTC RAM.
    • Shut the processor and unplug the power cable.
    • Shift the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Stay the cap on pins 2-3 for some time just like 10–15 seconds, and then shift the cap again to pins 1-2.
    • Plug the power cable and then turn on the workstation.
    • Hold down the "Delete" button all through the boot procedure and go in BIOS setup to re-enter data.

As i have the identical problem - interested what the answer was? My board has been back to Asus and is deemed ok. Thanks

Do you hear ant beeping noise from the system? If yes then you can try to relate that with the instructions in the manual for your manual within the troubleshooting section. Like if you can hear one long beep and a short beep then this will show that the problem is with the RAM or power supply. Likewise you can find for your problem.

There are some beeps - but very difficult to decipher. Motherboard has a series of led's which is supposed to confirm cpu, video, RAM etc. It is only the RAM led that is permanently lit. Other leds go out (as they are supposed to). Running memOK fails to sort the problem.

No problem, you can just remove the RAM and clean that. You can make use of a soft rubber and rub that gently on the pins of RAM stick. After that put that back in its slot properly. See if this helps you. You can also try to use some other slot for that.

Tried differnet RAM in all 4 slots with no difference. Could it be that even thoug the RAM is on the approved vendor list - the motherboard doesn't recognise it? I have only tried new, 1GB modules. Reluctantant to buy 2GB or 4GB memory in case its a faulty mobo (although Asus have updated and tested).