Thread: Getting error (number 99) with MSI 990FXA-GD65

Getting error (number 99) with MSI 990FXA-GD65

Hello guys 2 days before I bought a new board MSI 990FXA-GD65. And I am facing difficulty with its configuration. Actually at what time I turn on the system at that moment it boots and subsequent to that time its stops on some screen and showing me 99 numbers at the bottom of my screen. Actually I am not aware of it so I am not sure how to solve this error. if anyone knows about it then please share some information about it.

Re: Getting error (number 99) with MSI 990FXA-GD65

Your problem is looking weird. Can you please provide some more information about it? How many memory sticks are present on your board? Can you provide some PSU details you will get that information on a PSU sticker? Did you try boot with the one memory stick within 1 DIMM which is near to CPU socket? Have you done with the Clear CMOS by removing power cord? Please specify all these details. So it will easy for us to provide some better information.

Thank you for your quick response on my query. No I didn’t try to boot with 1 memory stick and I didn’t try with the clear CMOS I am going to try it. But I have done with booth with main board out of PC case and in addition I connected power cables with VGA. But still I don’t know what the problem is. So if you have some more ideas about it then please let me know I will try the all possibilities to fix this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

Hello I tried to find about it on an internet and I found the following solution. I will suggest you to test with the one "el cheapo" 1333 or 1066 memory stick. Actually as per my knowledge1600 RAM is the main reason which is creating difficulty with the DRAM settings within the BIOS. So I will suggest you to check with it. And even I found that this issue is related with the Ram I don’t think so there is any issue with your motherboard.

Yes even I am telling you the same thing I think this issue is related with the RAM only. I will suggest you to perform BIOS update which is helpful to fix different memory issue. Basically error code 99, FF, 13 all are the BIOS error code. So I think after updating the BIOS it will solve with your issue. I hope this will help you. If you still want to know more about it then I will suggest you to find about it on a internet I am sure you will get more information there.

Hello if you are facing the same issue then I will suggest you to change your motherboard and try with the other board and see if you are getting same error and if you are not getting then just replace this faulty motherboard as you are saying it’s a new motherboard so it’s in a warranty so they will replace this motherboard. I hope this will help you. This is what I can say about it, and if you found any information then please let me know about it.