Thread: Can I squeeze to more than 3.8 GHz in Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7400

Can I squeeze to more than 3.8 GHz in Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7400

I have purchased the new E7400 cpu one month ago. And that is running on 3.8 GHz prime95. I used Msi X48C Platinum motherboard. It was at 4.2ghz. but it is not stable until I bumped the CPU voltage. I usually prefer not to go beyond 1.3625v. but my PC takes lots of voltage to start. Actually my question is Can I squeeze more than 3.8 GHz in E7400 OC. I set my DDR to auto. And my spread spectrum is also disabled. At 4.2 ghz is boot normally but after 10 minutes it shuts down randomly and after that start up after sometime later. I can’t understand the problem. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve my problem. Please help me.

re: Can I squeeze to more than 3.8 GHz in Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7400

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some information about this problem. there are so many different GTLREF voltages available in the market. And their values are all over the mainboards. Only P45 boards have the settings to signal each die or both CPU dies and not others. This is very general information I am not sure this will help you or not. But then also this information is very important in some the circumstances.

I want to ask some question that has you get the blue screen or some error on your screen. This kind of problem may found at the booting. I want to give you suggestion that you don’t try to increase the voltage more than 1 to 2 notches or above normal. Because that can cause damage in the long run. I think you may want to risk higher V core voltage. as an extreme no more than about 1,45V. I think For your DRAM you only need 1,5V unless you are running the memory at 1333 or below.

I want to give you some suggestion for solving your problem. but I am not sure about the result because I don’t have this type of error I my system (I am user of the same device). You can use the Intel specs for the x48 chipset. By the use of this you can reduce the voltage of your system. This is very useful tool for you. And this can be easily available on the any authenticated Intel site. You found the electrical chapters in that. I think the immediate shutdown may related to CPU only. So please check out for that.

After reading you description I want to give you some information about the problem. this may or may not be useful to you. I think the RAM is spec’s to OC at 1333. So you can use the SPD chip on the RAM which is natively programmed at 1066. This might helpful to you for solving your problem. I hope this will work for you. thank you.

What you say makes sense only thing is that you X48C platinum and do you have the same ram and the same amount of voltage bought at the same time, too. You cannot even oc 1333, even in populations, because the system does not have that much capacity. if you hold shares of any and only to the fsb of the memory also goes up, but you cannot go past 1081mhz. The only major difference between the PC and your standard E7400 cpu is it has some well core2extreme that computers are the same.

I think you need help of the engineer. because in this kind of situation you cannot get the proper reason of the problem. so you don’t really apply any particular logic to the problem. and sometime you may go wrong and the problem get bigger and bigger. So that’s why I suggest to take your pc to the near engineer or dealer. Or you can have the othere option of replacement. if you have the warrantee on your devoice then you have to try for the replacement. This is the best and cost efficient option also. I think this much of advice I sufficient for you.