Thread: 12 GB ram only showing 2.99 GB usable

12 GB ram only showing 2.99 GB usable

Hello guys I have been really in a big trouble and I need you guys to solve my problem please help me out of this? I have bought a 12 GB transcend ram and I have installed it in my system and still it is showing that only 2.99 GB usable? Now what is wrong with this? What happen to my new ram please help me have anyone over here has faced any problem like this before then please helps me out of this any suggestion would be appreciated?

Re: 12 GB ram only showing 2.99 GB usable

I think there s no problem at all its just that your system does supports only that much capacity of the Ram you must have checked how much is been supported by your motherboard and according to that you must have bought it this is absolutely not a good idea just to buy anything what you want and try to fix it with any of your system and this is a big problem for you either change your motherboard to support your ram or change your ram now.

Well there may be the case that the Ram is the faulty one just try to contact the manufacturer and see what they are telling you about this I think they must have something to say about this, and I have heard many such cases in the past and I have found that there were many of the rams which were corrupted or may be the case pack says something and there have been some mistake in the manufacturer and if that would be the case you would be getting the replacement just check out.

I think that’s the only problem that they problem is with the motherboard you motherboard must not be supporting I think you need to check that first and just do one thing contact your manufacturer give them the model number and ask them what’s the limit of your motherboard to support the ram or even you can find the solution on the internet just Google it and see if you are getting any help just check it out and I am sure that you would be helped by this.

The only problem I can get into is that motherboard is not supporting or the ram is the problem now over this what you can do is just check up with your friends that if it working in them what’s the memory they have been showing and yes just check out the detail about the motherboard on the net and then try it if your friend’s motherboard is of higher version or model which would be supporting more Ram memory than it would be showing more then it would be sure that there is a problem with your motherboard and if even in that the ram is same then I think the problem is with the ram and you need to get it checked up.

Dear I think you need to call up to an engineer and have some words with him and ask him to solve your problem because it seems to be a problem which needs a proper check up I mean a manual checkup with all of the hardware how much they have been supporting are they sync each other and many such queries to be solved so I think the engineer would be solving the problem for sure. And then hope he would be solving your problem simply.

I would be giving you three hints which you can try out and see if you get any help with these, first one would be to clear the BIOS completely and then again start with the DIMM installing as you might have done on the first time and then it can work hopefully. Then the second thing would be try to flash the BIOS with1.8 even if there is 1.8 again and i would be thinking that this would be helping you and then the last one would be moderator suggest and not to reinstall the windows 7 and hopefully this would give some idea to solve it.