Thread: Is MSI P67A-G45 motherboard has SLI ?

Is MSI P67A-G45 motherboard has SLI ?

Hi, I am planning to have this MSI P67A-G45 motherboard with Intel core I7 but I am little bit confused about the product as whether it has a SLI feature or not? Because the thing is like I am planning to have multiple GPU with the board so that I can play the games and run other programs without any hesitation. Thus please let me know the specification so that I can make sure about the product, I have search the same but still I didn’t get that information on internet. thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Is MSI P67A-G45 motherboard has SLI ?

See its depends on the GPU model that you are about to use with the motherboard, I mean to say if you are about to install Nvidia GPU’s then you must have to have SLI features or else you should have to have crossfire in order to install AMD GPU. and while connecting any of the GPU you must have to make use of the SLI bridge so that you can use the multiple GPU's or else you won't.

No I don’t think the board support either of any facility such as SLI or crossfire thus I don’t think you should have this one. Rather you should try to go through some models from the gigabyte because there are too many models that has such a capability. In fact you can have the board which has more than 1 ports so that you can simply connect more than one GPU in the machine.

I was also quite unsure about the product but one of my friend told me that this the best one among all thus I was just looking for this but still I am very keen to have another GPU as well thus I want a board with this facility only. So will you please recommend me any model that I can prefer, and which GPU is better to have? I mean to say shall I get Nvidia or AMD? Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

See According to me you should have ASROCK N7AD-SLI which is actually certified by the Nvidia itself. Thus there is no issue with SLI and no doubt you should have any GPU from the Nvidia itself. Because I have the one and never ever got any problem with the hardware rather I always use it for more than 4 to 5 Hrs. daily. And they are the most powerful brand when GPU’s are concerns.

Though it has good hardware but still I would say there are too many problems with the driver when it comes to Nvidia, though I have the same GPU but still according to me you should get the one from the AMD only, and as far as motherboard concern you should get the one from the Gigabyte only. As mentioned by the above user from the ASROCK that’s also good, but the thing is like you must have to pay little bit more with the gigabyte machines.

I am not sure about the SLI feature in the motherboard but still you should try to contact the MSI for asking the same because they would only provide you this information, since I am not suggesting to switch on another one because this one is very good though. But by confirming from the MSI itself will make your decision more clear.

I am not sure about the SLI feature in the motherboard but still you should try to contact the MSI for asking the same because they would only provide you this information, since I am not suggesting to switch on another one because this one is very good though. But by confirming from the MSI itself will make your decision more clear.