Thread: Intel S5000PAL memory question

Intel S5000PAL memory question

I need some help for my friends server setup. He got this Intel S5000PAL motherboard. The board has 8 slot for memory. Now the ram which he found with the board does not fit on it. He called me, and I tried different methods to fix the same. But still the board does has any similar slot which matches with the RAM. Is this an kind of issue with this board. Which ram I should buy for this motherboard. I find the same ram recommended on intel site.

Re: Intel S5000PAL memory question

There can be two assumption for this. First either the ram which you got is not for that board, second the slots are broken. Check properly. Check those slots and hinges are proper or not. Get a replacement if you found that. Second check the ram configuration on internet. You can easily find that. Every product has a compatibility list under specification. You can looks for your motherboard model in that. If it is not listed, then the ram is different.

That is right. The ram is mismatched here. Change it. Normally all traditional ram has similar size designed as per the most common board configuration. That is simply mismatched in your case. Check more the board configuration. Try some stick of DDR2 low frequency ram and then check. If the slots are broken get a replacement. What amount of ram you need that can not really be assumed. For an managed server you just need 4GB Ram, which is enough. But it may need more for some applications.

It is an server board and simply a high end configuration can make it work more smoothly. For the ram stuff, you have to check the specifications. There is nothing more you can do here. You can try some of your old ram just to ensure that the slots are fine. If you can manage a another working system, not too old, then you can test those ram which you got with the board. If that first properly, then it is fine with standard size and the board is faulty.

Get a help for any computer technician. He will guide for the same, also he can provide you advice for the most appropriate ram configuration. Basically if you can check the motherboard manual then you can find more information related to your system configuration. I had found a regular size slot in most of the motherboard and all types of ram work in this.You do not need to think much on that.

Many computer manufacturers and motherboard published online guide for their hardware operation. This is possible to determine their compatibility with various types of memory. It also must indicate whether you want to install modules in pairs or assemble them into so-called memory banks. They are easy to find manufacturers of computers. The ram size and slot is different in old and new models of ram like sd, ddr, etc.