Thread: Overheating of MSI Big Bang Xpower

Overheating of MSI Big Bang Xpower

I have had occasional random power downs away from my computer while playing. There are two possibilities here, A: The power supply is insufficient, B: the motherboard is overheating. I need a program that allows me to see my mother because I think the temperature is the motherboard and the GPU reaches 99%, while at 55 ° C no problem, but when it reaches 80 ° C it is turned off. MSI Afterburner I ran saying that my temps and I have an active profile to turn off the computer if the GPU reaches 93C, so not that.
    Following are the specification:
    • HAF-932
    • i7-950 D0
    • MSI Big Bang Xpower
    • EVGA GTX580 Superclocked Black Ops edition
    • Crucial C300 SSD
    • Western Digital Caviar Black w/64mb cache
    • NOCTUA NH-D14
    • Viotek 1200 watt PSU
    • 12GB mushkin advanced silverline
    • LG Super Multi Bluray reader DVD rewriter
    • Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard
    • LOgitech G5 laser mouse

Re: Overheating of MSI Big Bang Xpower

I suggest you use something like RealTemp to compare temperatures. Not all applets are able to correctly interpret the data from all the different tabs that provide digital temperature data. So it's a good idea to use a couple of programs to compare. If most of them offer similar readings, then it is safe to assume that the data are quite accurate. Also consider using Speedfan, and comparing. Once you feel comfortable with one of them as providing you an exact number, then just use that. Using more than one can cause one or more of them to freeze or stop only dynamic updates of the figures.

The power supply as it is perhaps enough! It has two 12V rails at 40 amps 12v rail and a third refusal at 0.05 amps. Looking through my case the other day my friend is a certified idiot + and has been working on a computer repair shop in the last 4 years I have known did not bother with me any 1 of the 3 cables always in SLI graphics card in place what adapters are used and were as follows. February 6 pin for a 7 (August 1 without a pin thread and the metal contact) and 2 3 molex pin-1 5 (6 pin back cables and lack of contact) insufficient supply of my graphics card. I still had the shutdown problem but I think it's because he has enough power for my CPU I noticed several ports have not jpwr cables connected to them.

Just for future reference, I have been building custom systems since 1997. The single most important starting point of any quality, high-end system is the power supply never, never skimp on that part. Antec, Corsair, Enermax, OCZ or PC Power & Cooling (the Mercedes, I think I have the Turbo 1200w ESA unit, and when I bought it 18 months, which sold for $ 500.00 + U.S.) . In the world of today's hardware, at least 80 amps on 12 volt rail (s) is almost a necessity.

To the best of my knowledge, PC Power & Cooling is the only manufacturer of building supplies, with only 12 volts rails in their units. They use the best (premium) the parts that money can buy for their supply, so you'll pay more for them, but worth it. Continue to offer a guarantee of 7 years in power. Another thing to consider is that modular power supplies, although it is very convenient in terms of cable management, connectivity problems may be due to the number of connection points between the rails and PC hardware. The connecting links of less is better than what I know. You really should have an uninterruptible power supply of the power supply to each piece of hardware connected.

Been watching too OCZ 600W Antec cheaper and any range of power does not do good, Cooler Master is set to Antec, OCZ group as well. The Corsair, PC P & C Enermax are most favored by those around us in this forum. Antec's own hype is out of line with all further developer collective with them saying amps of +12 V in his as 17A + 18A = 35A contrary to all others that combined is less like 32A or what be.

I sold the problem. The problem was the power supply on the 12v rail that provides only 40AMPs so you can work a GTX 570 np but not my version of the 80 required at least 42. I'll buy a modular PSU Corsair 1200watt professional and be good. In addition, the current drivers don’t work or 580s as you said HU is a cause BIOS problem after a month or so drivers will start the blue card idling at 50, regardless of how aggressive a profile i put in Afterburner it through, I'll look at that.