Thread: RAM is not configuring on s5520sc workstationboard

RAM is not configuring on s5520sc workstationboard

Hello friends, I am using workstation, which has Intel s5520sc board two Xeon 5570 CPUs and also have 48 GB (6 x 8GB Dimms) Samsung DDR3 ECC REG Ram. It was working fine, and then I decided to change the graphic card. When I open the CPU to change the graphic card, I saw that there are Dimms which are installed as Cpu 1 (A2 / A1 / B2) and Cpu 2 (F1 / F2/ E1). So for changing the graphic card, I decided to change the Dimms from the first slot of each channel (A1, B1 C1 for CPU 1 and D1, E1 and F1 for CPU 2). After that when I started my workstation, in the BIOS it was indicating only 40GB available, and under the configuration of the memory. It was indicating that C1 slot fails. Is there any problem with my motherboard or it have any other problem now?

Re: RAM is not configuring on s5520sc workstationboard

I think that some pins are bent in the CPU socket. Because of memory worked on your original configuration. I was also having the same problem, after checking the CPU I found that some pins are bent by some reason. I will suggest you to tweeked them back to there original position to make them working again. your DIMMs A1 and A2 are not working properly, so try to check the pins if they are bent by some reason which is causing your DIMMs to not work properly.

Since you have changed the position of the DIMMs on your CPU for adding new graphic card to your system, I am sure that during replacement they got bent for that your DIMM A1 and A2 is not showing as working position, these pins are very fragile. This thing also happens when you are trying to add tne processor to your system. I will recommend you to check these pins, if they are bent by some reason then try to push them back in priginal position.

If you found there that the pins are bent by changing the position of DIMMs, then with the help of very gentle hands you can push the pins back to their original position. If you are not able to do this then I am sure that you need to change your motherboard. If you want to replace your graphic card then no need to change the position of the DIMMs, because memory worked on your original config and you did not have DIMMs in C1.

I will suggest you to make sure that you are running the most current BIOS code, which is posted for your board. According to me there are some update of code for the memory reference code in your system BIOS, which are not configured in your system properly. Or I will also suggest you to swap the failed DIMMs with the DIMMs which is working. If no change then try to swap the processor if you are having more than one. If again it is reporting the same then your motherboard, RAM and processor or DIMMs slot is bad.

Usually, this kind of problem occurs when you are using very high RAM power and also you are using Windows 7 and windows vista as operating system. I am saying this because I was facing the same problem. Then I decided to change my operating system to LINUX and now all problems are clear. So if you want then you can also do the same thing to deal with your problem. If this one not works then go for the other techniques. Which are given on forums.