Thread: Raid 0 troubleshooting in MSI 890gxm-G65

Raid 0 troubleshooting in MSI 890gxm-G65

Hello everyone. Since the last few days I've gotten with my MSI 890gxm-G65. Mi is a kick in the RAID 0, which is the solution of problems. I have spent many hours behind him, but to solve it. I had no option Ctrl + F, so I downloaded: (32 bit) ATI RAID driver MSI SB7xx/SB8xx has two hard drives also identical SATA slots. I put the drivers on my USB drive, booted it and installed it as I remembered the little bad version, I use 64 bits but it seems strange that the BIOS drivers are 32 / 64-bit related? Am I missing due to incorrect BIOS update? Or what he did with the 32-bit? O driver software that made the RAID array?

Re: Raid 0 troubleshooting in MSI 890gxm-G65

In the BIOS has configured for RAID. This should, at the start, given the option to enter the utility to create an array. If you go through the installation of windows and it does not recognize the driver may be the wrong one or if you did not save correctly. Make sure you can access the driver when looking for your flash drive. Open the folder after extracting the driver and continue if necessary to get the executable, and unless the flash drive

AMD AHCI RAID Controller is installed on Windows Compatible 7 install, I get an exclamation point window that says: ''To continue with the installation, use the Load Driver Installation signed 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and may result in unusable Windows. I emptied my USB and put the 32-bit driver and then installed in the installation of Windows 7. Now Windows does see my hard drives, but because I am installing Windows 7 64-bit, and I want with 8 gigabytes of memory. It starts with errors. Therefore, the installation of 32-bit driver -> Windows sees my hard drives -> Windows Startup fails (something blue screen) to install 64-bit driver -> windows does not see hard drives.

I even have linked the 64-bit driver during the Windows installation and then either accepted as Windows 7 installation continues until complete, do not understand why there is a 32-bit pop up. That's why I'm suggesting is to start again at some point installed a 32 bits. Does your Resource CD MSI has a RAID controller in it? When I made my foray MSI, I installed the driver for my foray into the MSI site during installation and after I was in the windows needed to complete the installation of a RAID driver from the CD. This eliminates all the yellow flags in device manager about my raid.

In my opinion the driver 64-bit installs 4 times faster than the 32 bits. W7 so maybe the driver does not install 64-bit good enough? W7 I cannot install at all, since you cannot find hard drives installed. I would like to start, but I do not know how to remove the 32-bit driver. Format hard drives do not remove the driver and bring the settings of the BIOS. I remembered the bios to 1.9, which does not help. If you check the sample hardware drivers MSI compatible original CD does not give any driver. Although there are drivers on it, but they are not compatible. I flash my bios back to 1.0? Hopefully that will delete all its additional features such as RAID array. And then I install the correct driver for 64 bits. But I find it strange that the problem is there. It seems logical to me that the BIOS do not work in 32 bit / 64-bit programs.

Is RAID 0 a poor multitasking single hard disk? I ask this because when downloading and installing like 5 drivers, while it is sometimes trapped within + - 2 min. I looked and my stripes were little, I had 64 Kb 128 kb for normal use is recommended. So I reinstall Windows striped 128kb. It is a same trouble, although it seems a little less. Any solution how to solve this forever? Or is it just a downside of using an attack?

I hope my suggestion helps you all. The return game was similar with me, so I went to 5400 RPM. I do not want to deliver the performance and thought RAID 0 would be faster. And it is, but I do not know how useful it will be for me as I am a multitasking. I am not somebody who copies my 400gig of movies on discs. SSD is still too exclusive for me, and I read or many stories about not being compatible. But everything is running like a charm now, 128 KB stripes works much better. The SSD comes in a year, I guess. I have the hope of civilizing the loading screens.