Thread: MSI P45T-C51 crashes while waking up from sleep

MSI P45T-C51 crashes while waking up from sleep

Recently I have installed this new motherboard to my HTPC and I had made it to sleep following 10mins inactive and it will automatically wake up intended for recording TV channels. The problem is system crashed by 0x00000124 error while waking up. After resetting the BIOS the issue resolved temporarily. After 2 weeks the problem arises again. What can I do now?

Re: MSI P45T-C51 crashes while waking up from sleep

One reading software, you cannot really be trusted. Look in the BIOS, which stands at 12 volts or take a multimeter to measure one hand and HDD Molex terminal in black and red. Moreover, the amps would have made me more interested in values, see PSU sticker. The power supply should be sized but adequate enough. If your measurement or in the BIOS are also 10.2 volts, I would replace the power supply very quickly.

Some device settings can cause the computer to an unexpected moment is activated from the power-saving mode. Activities of the wireless devices such as mouse, network, or high-definition audio can cause the computer wakes. Network activity can cause the computer network hardware triggers, especially when the network is always on (like cable and DSL connections). Screen savers can also cause the computer to stop in and out of sleep / standby mode. If you disable or change the screen, the problem can be solved.

I fight for time with the same problem. However, I had 1 year with my Vista PC does not have problems. I have now found that my RAM is no longer present in enough volts to keep the data in the standby mode. Hence S3 also constantly blue screens. Bios and Everest come home then on only 0.33 volts instead of 5 volts. This looks broken out after one. Have you ever checked in the bios? I can recommend only once. Otherwise, check the power settings and times see the MST times what is set. You can also set since, if one should occur daily reboot.

Many software components start automatically and run and you see them. Most of these programs are not required for the work on the computer is running, but can affect the sleep / standby mode. Power management settings ensure that the computer in and out of sleep / standby mode. Go to the power options to change how your computer to sleep / standby mode, press the correct way

I would advise you once stability test as Prime or with Everest to perform and to run any other programs in the background. A customer of mine had similar problems a year ago and Everest Ultimate has criticized the memory modules. As the hardware vendor has tested it, he said that would be fine. I insisted on this to change completely. After the customer had replaced the exact same modules and nothing else had changed on the system, the PC ran flawlessly through today. I would go through changing the BIOS to default. All peripheral devices that you currently do not need and only unplugging mouse, keyboard, monitor can be attached. Inside the PC I would build me except graphics card, CPU, memory, the rest only once and then perform the test.

Try going into the event viewer (Right click on "My Computer" and then "Manage" and then click Event Viewer) and look for "the system" what's in it for the corresponding date / time as the cause and event ID and post it here. Then I can tell you more. Possibly. times to check the power settings, what happens when the PC awaken. May be that a particular device is in sleep mode and will no longer be activated.