Thread: MSI 760GM-E51 locks up during heavy HDD data transfer

MSI 760GM-E51 locks up during heavy HDD data transfer

The whole thing was running efficiently on my MSI 760GM-E51 motherboard for pretty a few times through the WD as well as Seagate SATA HDDs by the use of IDE emulation (no Hitachi currently). In excess of the previous month the system has been locking up without warning, no helpful error reports within Windows to propose the reason. The major aspect appeared to be moving huge quantities of information among those 2 drives. Therefore I look around, finally I got that the issue is about WD.

Re: MSI 760GM-E51 locks up during heavy HDD data transfer

SATA technology (currently) really is faster than ATA is a topic of much debate. In any case, claim the designers of the SATA technology to SATA up to 150 mb / s to send, where ATA has a maximum of 133 mb / s. However in your case the issue is not about the SATA but about the BIOS. You'll have to update the BIOS using MSI Live Update, but Windows. Got it on the CD plate. No need to install the windows completely, or drivers, security updates, and more software. Furthermore there is no choice of protection than the hard disk boot sector, so it must be a software failure.

I modestly before deciding to buy a new board should try to find other solutions; the first is to try to leave the computer with the basics to start to detect what kind of hardware is failing. Another option is to try to install from scratch the OS (that you have to do it anyway and that changing the board must be installed from scratch). Do not try to do some research because you can save money, you could be memory problems, problems in some of the cards is a matter of testing and phasing out the component to fail.

Lock up / hang issue is found out when CPU speed -> Maximum Performance. Haven’t got chance to try other settings like dynamic switching, or Max Battery Optimized. It is because I have uninstalled the program is to verify that this program which cause the lock up / hang issue. And yes, after uninstalled it, the lock up / hang issue does not happen anymore. Is the program cause by Maximum Performance?

The reliability of the different techniques varies. SCSI hard drives are known for their reliability. They are also usually servers and infrequently on normal personal computers. Personal computers generally make use of (S) ATA drives. These drives are designed for home and office, and therefore less suitable for day and night to run continuously or for very hard work.

This case is usually given by the continued use of the operating system, especially those based on Microsoft. And this is because at times and depending on the quality of the disc drive and components such as motherboard, memory, operating system, etc., it is possible that a magnetized sector well, maybe one in a million times, but this sector is poorly magnetized and if not repaired with a utility, lose patience ignite whenever Windows. Disk recovery depends on the severity of bad hddregenerator magnetization and if works well for this evil, is usually 100%.

What I recommend you go if you left power. Note that for example, one of the last buses AMD 4-core, the 9850 consumes 130W. If we add a recorder, a DVD player, a pair of hard drives and a powerful graphics with 520W is not that you were wrong, you do not tear. I caught the 800W for just over € 100 a year or so with 2 hard drives, 2 recorders, and the 9850 and 2 x 8600GTS and go pearl.