Thread: MSI 990FXA-GD80 freezes during BIOS setup or restarts automatically

MSI 990FXA-GD80 freezes during BIOS setup or restarts automatically

My system specification is as follows:
    • CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60
    • SONY Black Blu-ray Burner
    • 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    • AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
    • Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W
    • Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    • MSI 990FXA-GD80 AM3+
    • WINDOWS 7 64bit

I have configured them well and installed windows 7 and drivers without any problem. I started playing the game and few minutes later BSOD shows up. For that reason I removed unnecessary things and again rebooted. The system freezes while I trying to do BIOS setup. I again rebooted and entered into BIOS one more time but this time the system restarted automatically. What could be the issue? Suggestions please.

Re: MSI 990FXA-GD80 freezes during BIOS setup or restarts automatically

First (If you can) go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced. Under Startup and Recovery, System Failure to remove the check mark automatically restarts. In this way when it comes out the blue screen you can read the error and post it. I can tell you that a similar problem occurred to me when I did upgrade the bios but there were no SATA HD drivers updated.

Your hard drive is damaged or about to be damaged ... I recommend you save any important data you have on CD, DVD or anywhere and you do a disk check and if that does not have to replace your hard drive. For this the first thing you need to check is the SATA controller configuration in the system BIOS. If you modify the SATA controller to AHCI to ATA mode (otherwise vice versa), in that case Windows cannot converse to the SATA controller for the reason that the dissimilar modes need diverse drivers. Try changing the SATA controller mode in BIOS.

Most of the times, blocking problems are due to defective RAM chips. Memory cards NoName (unmarked) in particular have small defects that can prevent proper operation of the PC. We must test the memory with Memtest86. If the problem still persist then we must restart the PC with a minimum of devices. Disconnect external devices connected to your computer and try again until the PC does not reboot more. When it reboots, reconnect the devices one by one up to experience the problem again.

If you see graphical errors on the screen, and almost certainly the fault of the video card, you should first check the drivers, try going to restore or upgrade them. If the problem continues, check the temperature of your video card, there are special programs, possibly controlling the temperature of the motherboard chipset. Open the side of the pc case sported to reduce the temperature a bit, and check if the computer works normally.

It is also possible that the video card that has some malfunction, maybe when it gets hot in the block. The sensor of the video card that measures temperature and on the main chip, but also the memory and video card power mosfet can overheat and lock the video card, and they do not have temperature sensors. If you have another video card, try replacing it if you do not have another video card available, to check a possible problem of overheating of the video card, open the PC and put a fan that threw the air towards the video card, then verify if the pc works well or not.