Thread: Motherboard MSI Z68a GD80 (B3) troubleshooting including Bad Customer service

Motherboard MSI Z68a GD80 (B3) troubleshooting including Bad Customer service

I opened a support ticket in the MSI support site and waiting for a response from previous week. Not only that, but there is no way you can speak to customer service and can only send tickets online. What if your PC does not work because the motherboard MSI? How is it then that the client can talk to customer service? I recently realized that performance is considerably without my new PC I have made changes in their configuration, software or hardware. After extensive testing I noticed that the RAM was faulty, so I replaced it with new DIMMs have tried again and working properly. However, after replacing the new RAM (memory is in the "approved" list of the motherboard) the performance of the PC is still very slow, especially when it comes to hard disk access.

Re: Motherboard MSI Z68a GD80 (B3) troubleshooting including Bad Customer service

The same with me, I have tried with only one DIMM of RAM and I've also tested with a 700W power supply. It makes no differentiation. It is also used to work well before the initial RAM was defective. Note that the motherboard is only 1 month old and has worked very well until the turn of RAM. But I am very upset and angered by the lack of MSI customer service. To be honest, I'm tired of all this, especially with MSI supports the delay in responding and being unreachable by phone. I just want my money back or a new motherboard right away so that no downtime for my work. I am disappointed with this motherboard.

Re: Motherboard MSI Z68a GD80 (B3) troubleshooting including Bad Customer service

I accept the cycled reboots is initiated by dishonorable settings in the bios. The just way I am able to help you could be to know every one of those setting you have adapted different than default. I am able to give you a template if there is not one given on this destination. Sounds enjoy you are on the second of the double bios boot at this time. There is a switch in the bios to repair the initial bios. Peruse in your manual how to finish the system.

I think the way they described the degradation in performance, the problem is not caused by hardware on your motherboard. Often, if a machine is working well for a while, so if a problem develops motherboard, the system simply shuts down and refuses to restart the system. IE: It will die altogether. Have you had the chance to try the suggestion of resetting the BIOS?

I've checked the BIOS settings and they were right. This seems to happen especially when you try to restart the PC from either Windows or the reset button. I also flashed the BIOS to the latest via Live Update. But nothing works. As I said earlier, I have tested extensively and the hard drive, RAM, operating system fresh, treated with a faint, other PSU, unlike the SATA controller, nothing works. But the main problem for me is not continued on and off. It is the fact that any form of disk activity is super slow and cannot do any work. This is usually due to RAM problems, but I tested the RAM have been tested on the disk, and nothing works.

As usual, identifying the ultimate cause for a given trouble through support online or by phone is almost impossible. It already has most of the tests done and found most of its components to function properly. The next logical step would be either to bring the system to a computer shop for diagnosis or RMA the part or parts you think are most likely to be defective. That's what the departments are to RMA. I complained there about the "poor customer service" and the plausible hypothesis that you have a defective motherboard, not going to go a step further in this matter.

Indeed, MSI is not working / doing business with any distributor, but only with regional distributors, who then do business with the dealer again to sell products to end users. Usually, when a distributor of a defective product before the RMA, which will become the distributor who then become the manufacturer. That's how it works in Europe. As an end user, you have no direct sales or a guarantee contract with MSI directly, but the dealer. That's why the dealer is usually the one you need to convert what is the procedure for RMA. The dealer has a sales contract with the dealer who has a direct sales contract with MSI.