Thread: Yellow sign on Windows Xp Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller

Yellow sign on Windows Xp Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller

I just bought a MSI 865PE Neo2 FIS2R used as it was the best Motherboard P4 865/875 on the basis of much criticism. After installing each driver package from MSI, I saw that there was a yellow sign on Windows XP Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller. I tried to find a solution, but I cannot find one. There is an error code 10. I tried the removal procedures of the AEAT and the substitution of generics so Windows XP can download and install the appropriate drivers. However, this led to Windows XP to be caught since they have basically the SATA drivers, so I connected my SATA drive in my MB with a SATA to IDE adapter, and Windows XP can load the system and install the IDE controllers. I can confirm that he did it because I cannot see my SATA hard drive of others, but you can see from the BIOS.

Re: Yellow sign on Windows Xp Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller

You have 2 SATA drives that are native to the Intel chipset and will be easier to use and two for breaking promise you will have more control f the start and configure a set of one or two car before the promise is no unity and its load drivers from a floppy.
    On-Board IDE
    • *Dual Ultra DMA 66/100 IDE controllers integrated in ICH5R
    • - Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes
    • - Can connect up to four Ultra ATA
    • * Serial ATA / 150 controller integrated in ICH5R
    • - Up to 150 MB / s transfer rate
    • - Can connect up to 2 Serial ATA

Serial ATA Interface
    • * 20,378 Promise controllers 2 Serial ATA ports operating mode of 150 MB / s 1 x Ultra DMA
    • * Support Ultra ATA, Serial ATA, RAID 0 or 1, Serial ATA RAID 0 or 1, Ultra / Serial ATA RAID 0 +1
    • * Connect up to 2 Serial ATA devices and 2 Ultra ATA 13

They were unsuccessful at first and decided to give it another chance, when rebuilding my system. So I finally managed to establish a matrix selected as RAID in the BIOS integrated peripherals. When booting XP, it does not recognize the drives and you can access them properly. The problem is that I want to use 2 SATA ports, SATA RAID and not as a promise. If I leave it as RAID, if I disconnect my SATA external hard drive, then reconnect, you cannot detect. My understanding is that with a RAID controller, no change in hot as possible. I do not think you should stop using them as SATA in the BIOS. I then decided to switch to as SATA in the BIOS, but when booting XP, see my albums, and the same yellow exclamation mark is back.

With the Promise controller you still have to configure RAID, even for a single SATA hard drive. With hard drive 2 will have to configure each one as a single RAID drive. Do not you apart from the promise SATA / RAID to the MB guidebook. It is explained in there. Promise FastTrack is different from the configuration of the SATA controller chipset. I hope my advice would you give some reference.

Does the SATA driver when setting RAID driver or ULSATA FASTTX2K? Also, I checked in my section of MSI MB download for any related manual RAID, and I've only seen the manual RAID Intel chipset, there is talk of a manual for 376/378 chipsets promise FastTrack? I think this book can help if it exists. So my question is, if I select "and SATA" in the BIOS settings for SATA 2 ports promise, if Windows XP see my SATA drives connected? Is there a step to be made so that Windows XP can see my records? I guess normally you should see if drivers pledge drives are already installed, and drivers must petition the boot if not present.

Get everything from the head of Intel and its configuration controlled SATA ports Promise, which is a totally dissimilar animal. Promise drivers have to put on a floppy and install when prompted, press F6. This is done when installing W XP. It's been too many years going back to K7N2G-ILSR MB I have done to remember all the details.

I get your point. I understand that was probably a mistake to allow users to choose between "AS SATA" and "as RAID" in BIOS, it is not possible to use the chipset promise "as SATA." If you can confirm that the "AS SATA" option is useless and probably a misconception MSI, then we can close this long thread. But even stranger is that when "and SATA" is, you can actually see the detection of disks connected to the SATA ports on the Promise POST screen. However, when you start Windows, you cannot communicate with these units. There seems to be a huge mistake BIOS surrounding the promise of integrating chipset MSI.