Thread: How can I upgrade RAM from 2 GB to 2.5 GB?

How can I upgrade RAM from 2 GB to 2.5 GB?

Hello, I don’t have much knowledge about computers; I have a problem with my PC. I recently purchased GTA 4 but I am not able to play it on my PC. I have a 2 GB RAM on my system, but still the game is running slow on my PC. People tell me that I should update my RAM to 2.5 GB, how can I update it, because I don’t want to purchase a new 2.5 GB RAM and waste my 2 GB old one. How can I update it? Also is there any software by which I can upgrade it to 2.5 or even 4 GB without paying for it? Please help me as I want to play the game on my PC and enjoy it. Waiting for your reply.

Re: How can I upgrade RAM from 2 GB to 2.5 GB?

RAM is a hardware which is physically attached to your computer. On your motherboard you have many slots for inserting RAMs. If you check you will have one 2GB RAM attached to one of the slots. Since you want to upgrade the RAM to 2.5 GB you will need to add a 512 MB RAM to the another slot of the RAM. You can purchase the 512 MB from the market, it is cheaper to buy. Also find out what kind of RAM is compatible with your motherboard and only purchase that RAM, other RAM won’t work.

Hello, so should I purchase the RAM from the market? Isn’t there any software that can increase the RAM? And since you said, 512 MB, I already have a 512 MB graphic card that us DDR-2. So, is graphic card different from the RAM? Sorry, but I am not a computer whizz so would be glad if you tell me if I need to buy a new RAM? What else do I need so that my game works perfectly for me?

As I said earlier RAM is a hardware and there is no way you can increase the capacity of a computer memory by a software. Yes, there are many softwares which would optimize your computer, but if the game requires 2.5 GB minimum required RAM unfortunately you will have to purchase it. Just check the requirements for the game at their official site and the purchase accordingly. A game depends on its processor, memory and graphic card.

Here are the system requirements for the game – OS: Windows XP SP2, Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better), RAM: 2GB, Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space, Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader. Since you already have 2 GB it must work fine unless your graphic card is not compatible. So, adding a 512 MB RAM might help you. And yes, the graphic card is different from RAM and you must have ont on your PC for the games to play. So you have no other option but to install a new RAM, you cannot upgrade it on internet for free. Hope I have helped.