Thread: system not booting with big bang xpower motherboard

system not booting with big bang xpower motherboard

Recently I have purchased a new I7 920 processor with big bang xpower motherboard. I have installed windows 7 operating system. I have power supply unit as Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250W. I have an 80 gb hard disk and 12 gb RAM g.skill ddr3 1600 with 3 x 5870. My system was working absolutely fine. But two days I don’t know what happened it isn’t booting. Whenever I try to boot my system a blue screen appears. System reads the memory and just after that gets dump. I think the issue is related to RAM. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Re: system not booting with big bang xpower motherboard

Tell me what error you are actually getting. I hope you must be getting some error code. To know the error code I would suggest you to disable 'Auto Restart' in Windows so the BSOD stays on the screen long enough and provides you with the error code. This error code could help us to figure out exactly what the problem is related to. As till now I also assume that it is a RAM issue. Please mention the error code in the next post.

I am not sure that board of yours supports more than two ATI cards in CrossfireX. Slots PCI_E2 & PCI_E5 are the two 16X bandwidth slots. Try with only the 3 black RAM slots filled. Also tell me that you have power connected to JPWR2 & 3, & JPWR4? Well I had the same issue lately. I had change the motherboard fan as a lot of heat was generated and had affected the system. I would suggest you to go to the service center and get it checked.

If you tap the F8 key as the PC starts but before windows tries to lad then you should get a menu with an option to disable the auto reboot on error. Then you can read the error message. Have you made any changes to your system recently? I mean to ask have you made any hardware or software changes in recent times. If yes then what and reply me in the next post. Make sure that there isn’t heating problem. Do you play any high graphics game on your system?

Make sure that power supply is connected properly. I would suggest you to once unplug all the wires from the system and plug it back. May be power supply was not proper to the motherboard and that is why system is creating such problems. Even if this thing occurs then I would say that try to upgrade your RAM. For information regarding RAM, search about it on the internet for the compatibility and configuration issues.