Thread: Processor upgrade for HP TOUCHSMART 610-1030F from i3 to i7

Processor upgrade for HP TOUCHSMART 610-1030F from i3 to i7

Hi, I am using the HP TOUCHSMART 610-1030F from last few months and just fed up of the processor that I have gotten with the machine by default and thus I am planning to upgrade my i3 to an i5 or might be i7. But I have heard that we cannot make such an upgrade with the machine. So I am quite unsure about buying any processor, so shall I do any up gradation with the machine or not, or simply I want to ask that is there anybody who have done this? Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Processor upgrade for HP TOUCHSMART 610-1030F from i3 to i7

The basic thing that we should consider while upgrading the hardware is it’s compatibility with hardware. And if you don’t do this it may cause some serious problems with another hardware. And as far as advancing is concern you should try to make use of the expertise advice for updating the hardware. So they would surely suggest you that proper hardware that you can install in your machine.

When I was searching the same for my machine I was also having the same problem as there are very few models that we can installed with the motherboard that we have in the machine because I would say this is hardware specific model so we cannot make use of any hardware with the machine, and the parts that we can installed in the machine is not available in our region.

Yeah off course you can update the machine that you have and I think your motherboard only supports the processor up to I5 not Intel I7. And according to me you should have Core i5 6xx series processor in your machine to improve overall performance. In fact I am also planning to upgrade to this CPU only after sometime as I manage the money.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys as it was really helpful, because I was not actually aware about the fact that we cannot use each and every model that is available in the market rather I was thinking that we can make use of any processor, but I have some more doubts regarding the hardware like if I upgrade any hardware to the machine, so will It void the warranty that I have gotten with the machine? And please list me the compatible processor that I can use with my machine.

Well according to me you can make use of this processors with your motherboard so just have a glance and pick any one of them, and let me tell you that you can use the I7 as well.

1. Intel Core i3 5xx series
    2. Intel Core i5 7xx series (95W)
    3. Intel Core i5 6xx series (95W)
    4. Intel Core i7 8xx series (95W)
    5. Pentium Dual Core G6xxx series (73W)

But if suppose you want to know about more model and their compatibility with motherboard you have, then you can visit the HP’s website as well, there you have to provide the information about the product you have and it will list you the compatible product that you can update.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should get any one of them for your machine, and off course from the HP itself, because I think if you done any updating on your own so it may void the warranty or else if you send the machine to HP for updating then it may not ruin the warranty. So I would also suggest you the same as you can choose any of the model mentioned by the above user but still you should try to contact with the HP support center.