Thread: Tips on the FSB voltage, RAM voltage and MCH overvoltage in Intel Q6600 processor

Tips on the FSB voltage, RAM voltage and MCH overvoltage in Intel Q6600 processor

My Setup is Intel Q6600 (G0) (Scorpion HDT-S1283) on GA-965P-DS3. Kingston 1GB X 4 667MHz. Bios setting 378 X 9 VCore at 1.4 v running OCCT test mode Large information set and PC computerized reboot. Any tips on the FSB voltage, RAM voltage and (G) MCH overvoltage??

Re: Tips on the FSB voltage, RAM voltage and MCH overvoltage in Intel Q6600 processor

CPU GTL Reference-GTLV has the capability to sift out tumult in the electrical indicating to the CPU what could generally case dangers. This might be set to 0.63 xs when attempting to get FSB's over 450 or your FSB of 400. Stable. CPU PLL-stock ought to be 1.5v. This setting is chiefly for overvaulting which can expand FSB cutoff points. Stay beneath 1.75v for lifelong utilize on a FSB of 450 but hinging on FSB speed change subsequently.

Re: Tips on the FSB voltage, RAM voltage and MCH overvoltage in Intel Q6600 processor

NB GTL Reference-set this to 0.67x when utilizing a FSB of 400-450. Since NB temps are above 47 deg it will for the most part create flops around the same time as anxiety testing. Attempt to keep it cool. NB voltage-might as well be set around 1.40v to 1.5v hinging on NB temps and current FSB being utilized. FSB Termination Voltage-keeps that betwixt 1.4v to 1.5v. Nothing over that. It's fundamentally the transport supply voltage. Set to computerized if graphical systems accident i.e. -games.

I am not confident what CPU cooler you have but you will require an exceptional one to OC a Q6600 it will make a ton of high temperature and requires a vast cooler to take that hotness distant. All your parts look great you have a fabulous case has marvelous ventilation so you are exceptional there now unequivocally perused this guide and get back to me for any inquiries. Your Motherboard I am not positive assuming that you can OC with that slat Intel generally has almost no OC emphasizes but peruse this guide and get back to me.

I believe that the CPU vCore raise just if knocking the FSB creates flimsiness. Then again it might as well be sheltered up to 110% of your CPU ostensible vCore. Look at you CPU temps and verify the chip is cooled well in the event that you conform this. Accommodate Clock Frequency (MHz): Also regarded as FSB. Raising it will OC your CPU and RAM. Climb in minor strides (5-10MHz) and test for stability with memtest86+ and orthos prime.

My proposal is to recover the $70+ on a fluid cooling case and overhaul that Q6600 to a Q8300 or preferred. I still have my old Q6600 but it is a smoking running chip. With an immense practice water-cooling setup I was equipped to hit 4.1 GHz on it but the hotness yield was massive. So IMO the fit Gameplan to lessen hotness and expand ticker speed is with a brand new chip at flatter microns. So it is like 65nm vs. 45nm.

Flat close CPU's, probably. In any case elevated finish, i remain skeptical about it. Yet if they'll make the chip more minor, there can be more guts and more strings, bringing about in any event the same level of high temperature if not more. In addition, once you're overclocking, the temps go out of this world, paying little respect to the cooler. I'm talking 4GHz and past here. Sandy Bridge went at 4.4GHz on breeze. Provided they continue enhancing the structural engineering, temperatures will continue getting increasingly sensible considering crazier overclock.