Thread: Should I connect the boot drive to Sata 3 or 2 on Gigabyte X58A-UD5?

Should I connect the boot drive to Sata 3 or 2 on Gigabyte X58A-UD5?

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 motherboard and I’m trying to setup my 600 GB Velociraptor hard drive to use the SATA 3 6 GB port but it won’t boot. The worst thing of this is to be it doesn’t recognize any hard drives or DVD recorder. I want to know that is there any motherboard problem existing in this system or not. Could anybody help me out with figuring out whether or not Sata3 is being used? Thanks in advance.

Re: Should I connect the boot drive to Sata 3 or 2 on Gigabyte X58A-UD5?

If you are running on SATA3 and it wouldn’t be enabled in BIOS then you need to do this enabling task. This will be help to improve the performance of the system. In the response, it would be help to solve the existing problem present on it. You need to use such kind of task and it really work to fix the problem. Then use the hard drive with SATA3 Slot and it help you to solve this connectivity problem. The remaining problem is also solved after that.

When running in AHCI mode I don't see my hard drives in BIOS either. After updating the BIOS version, you need to just use this kind of thing on your motherboard. This is not the completely problem of the BIOS. It happens because the BIOS will be not work properly. in this case, you need to use the proper way that help to upgrade your BIOS and in the result, it can be solve the existing connectivity problem on your system.

The problem indicates that if your computer won't boot, won't recognize your 2 HDD's and 1 DVD, and obviously won't progress to the Windows desktop. This could be the BIOS problem or it won’t be an motherboard issue. Yes, this happen in almost many cases that there might be defect present on the motherboard. Hence the system won’t able to boot the extire system. In this case, I must suggest you to use the replacement strategy of the mobo and see the performance of new mobo on it.

I also have a sata 3 ssd, the Crucial Real SSD 128, and every time I submit an application any over clock change to the system, even a tiny one, the computer loses the oc on reboot. I have no idea of how this happen on my system. Hence I decided to use the special task to solve this problem. then I did the system configuration checking and also I take the help of official expert to check the compatibility of the motherboard with the other SATA controller. Then they suggest me to update SATA controller driver. I did this task and at the end it works to solve the problem.

I read somewhere that there are Marvell SATA3 issue and the electrical noise issue of Gigabyte X58A board which are not solved yet. Then I just suggest you to check that this problem has been present on your motherboard or not. In this case, you need to use the update driver as well as reconnect this system devices task. It really works some times to solve the problem which is based on the motherboard. Try this and locate the performance of it.

Firstly I want to make it clear that motherboard also has an onboard Power and Reset switch for open case testing of components. It might e possible that the problem is being actually related to the power connection or anything other in this motherboard. In this case, you need to perform either an reset the setting of the motherboard or the reconnect the power cable with this system. It will be works to solve the problem.