Thread: Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud7-b3 - system freezes after connecting external HDD

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud7-b3 - system freezes after connecting external HDD

I am facing some problem with my computer from last few days. Whenever I start the computer at that time it freezes for around 50 to 60 seconds and after that computer starts normally. Now after that I have tried solve this issue by trying different tricks and then I came to know that my western digital external hard drive is causing this problem because whenever I disconnect my hard drive and after that when i start the computer at that time it works absolutely fine. Please suggest me some solution regarding this.

Re: Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud7-b3 - system freezes after connecting external HDD

Well first thing I will recommend you to check your western digital external hard drive computer and after that see what happens there. If you get the same problem with other computer also then I think your western digital external hard drive is faulty and if you didn’t get any issue with other computer then I think there might be something wrong with your mother board. First check this so you can get the idea about exact problem.

As you have said that when you disconnect your hard drive from your computer at that time your computer works fine, I think the USB port in which you are trying to connect your western digital external hard drive is faulty and I will suggest you to connect your western digital external hard drive with other USB port and see whether it makes any difference or not. if you get the same problem after doing that also then I think you should also try to solve this issue by reinstalling the USB drivers.

In my computer I was also facing the same problem with my external hard drive and after that I thought that I thought that USB port is causing this issue but after connecting the hard drive with other USB port also I was getting the same problem and after that I have removed USB drivers from my computer and then restart the computer and after that I have installed the USB drivers in my computer again but after doing that when I connect the Hard drive at that time I didn’t get any issue. you can also try this solution to fix this issue.

It looks like you are facing this problem because of the BIOS version and you can solve this issue by updating the BIOS version in your computer. Sometimes if our BIOS is not updated then at that time also this type of problem can take place. First you have to download the updated BIOS file from internet and after that you have to update the BIOS version and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem after that or not.

After trying so many solutions I finally got the solution for this problem. To solve this issue you have to disable the USB storage function from your BIOS setting and after that this problem will not occurs again in your computer. you have to first go to the BIOS setting and after that you have to go to the Integrated Peripherals section and after that you have to disable the USB storage function in that. I hope this solution will solve your issue.

After looking at your post I have done exactly same thing according to your given steps and I have disabled USB storage function in my computer. Now after disabling the USB storage function when I connected my western digital external hard drive with my computer at that time I didn’t get any problem and now my computer is working properly after connecting the external drive. Thank you so much for your replies.