Thread: 2TB Samsung hard disk is recognized as 1 TB GA-K8N51PVMT-9?

2TB Samsung hard disk is recognized as 1 TB GA-K8N51PVMT-9?

Hello friends I have a got a new system with a good configuration and it was running nicely until I faced this problem, what I did was I just turn on my system and this time I found that my 2 TB Samsung hard disk is been only viewed as 1TB and I dint looked at it before so I don’t know that this is from the beginning or from the time I have turned on the system this time please help me now what to do?

Re: 2TB Samsung hard disk is recognized as 1 TB GA-K8N51PVMT-9?

Hello friend not much idea regarding this as I haven’t found such problem before not with me nor with my friends so don’t have much idea with this and I don’t know which solutions to come up with but still I would be trying to come up with certain views that I think the old sata chipset doesn’t supports 2T0 disks and then the Acquire a highpoint rocket Raid RR620 now this is what I know about this query and hope it would suggest you something.

Well I have heard of such problem but never had any deal with it so don’t have a great solution with it but I would like to expect it is purely down to the old BIOS and not recognizing the larger drives, and I don think there is any thing that you can do if such cases have been effected you and the thing what I would be suggesting is just go with the Lats F4 BIOS with NVRAID to version 9.85 look out for this it may solve your problem. I can also say that just rename the zip to rar and extract with the winrar which would flash after your BIOS

Hey guys I would like to tell you what I have been trying to do when I was facing this problem, well I was trying to flashing with the FREEDOS but the thing was it produced some strange errors, and the probably unrelated to the flashing process and then I have been trying to use a windows 98 bootdisk with the unet booting, but that didn’t seem to work and after working hard with it I had only only solution to go back to the service center and ask them to solve ma problem.

I think there is a problem with your hard disk, when one of my friends faced this problem I asked him to change it with mine and see and it was working so I would ask you to do it too just try to replace things with your friends and se if it is working, and I think it should work because the problem is not with the motherboard the problem is with the hard disk and then if it is in warranty you can go for the replacement option and at that time they would there self tell you what to do and you can go with it.

Definitely this seems to be a problem with your hard disk and as you are saying that you haven't checked it before than may be your hard disk is of 1TB only what don't you first consultant from where you have bought it or see in the bill and all and hope you get some idea from there and even you can see on the case that which one is it and one more thing you can try out is that you can insert it into your friends PC and see what it has been showing over then and after that you can try out certain steps been suggested.

This would not actually a problem of your motherboard or so i think this is a problem with your ram itself i think it is s faulty one showed as 2TB and it is actually 1TB i haven't heard any such cases before that's why i am saying this i don't know exactly but i have heard that there are many ram which shows 2tb and is actually 1TB and then i would be saying that just cross check it again and try the things which above posters have said and also consult to your engineer and then check it that what they are saying.