Thread: Trouble with memory channel in Gigabyte 880gm-usb3 rev 3.1?

Trouble with memory channel in Gigabyte 880gm-usb3 rev 3.1?

Hello friends I have been facing the problem with the memory channel and this has been a problem and I just don’t know now what to do, I run the ram in dual channel mode there are random and frequent BSOD and this is a trouble for me from last two three days and am just blank with now what to do, and what more I have been facing is when I run two modules in slots 1 and 2 or slots 3 and 4 and run memtest it shows as 667/1333 even CPU confirms this but I have the BSOD problem? Please help me out.

Re: Trouble with memory channel in Gigabyte 880gm-usb3 rev 3.1?

Hello friend would like to share up some personal experience regarding this topic and I would first ask you that you must have been running with the memory module in some of the slots DDR3_1 and the other one DDR3_2 for the Dual channel use, and I would also let you know that if 2 memory modules have been installed it has been recommended that you must install those two into the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets, hopefully this would help you somewhat.

Well friend I would like to suggest to check the settings for the memory in the BIOS as auto sometimes and this would just give you a god idea about it and may it come up with the solution for you to, I mean it would show you up the problem and then you can find the solution according to that. After that I would ask you that have you ever tried to test the ram by using the memtest 86+ 4.20 and try each stick individually in the slot1.

So it should not be running in memory of just over 1333, as this may damage the memory controller on the CPU. Try clearing the CMOS exactly as directed and the time you have the latest BIOS update leave it at that for now. Remove the power cord from the mains and press the power switch on for a few seconds to drain the residual energy in the capacitors of the power supply. Once done remove the battery from the motherboard at least one hour before replacing it. New output power and boot. Now you have to enter the BIOS by pressing Delete and load BIOS optimized defaults. No other change in the BIOS settings to suit your car and leave, disable full screen logo and make the hard disk primary boot device and press F10 to save and exit, One more thing I would be as you to notice that check out that is ram is running at the 200/400 MHZ as shown by memtest, and it would be only in those slots 2 and 4 where the 1 and 3 would run at 667/1333.

Hey guys I would like to suggest you one more thing in that in another thing which would be consider in the PSU, and even I would be also let you know something about the Gigabyte, and that information that the gigabyte would be recommending a PSU of at least with the 500 watts for the motherboard and this has been real strange into the market and this things can happen if there is not much power. This is what I had a knowledge about it and I would be searching more ways in which I can help you.

yap i have also heard many such problems about this thing and i don't know why it haven't been still solved but the manufacturer yes this is a problem with the memory channel only and i would suggest you not to do anything by yourself just go to the service center and ask them to help you out of this, i don't have a best knowledge ow to solve it but i can hope this problem would be solved sooner.

Ok i would be saying that if you have a dual channel memory supporting computer, then you got to install two identical ram to get the better working performance. now if you need the best performance then you need to put them in both the different memory channels. so i think you can go with the identical, and i think for the better performance you can do this and then the approach would be to sell the one you are having right now and go with the better one by consulting to your engineer and now what you have to consider and get the best one is the ram with a proper type good brand, better capacity and nice frequency.